92 FJ80 Partout question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I'm new here and have a quick question. I'm a Toy guy at heart but these days wheel a 2000 TJ. I'm looking to do something a little different with axle upgrades and have settled on FJ80 axles. I'll need to flip the front and will be building a housing for the rear so I can center up the diff.
I have found a complete 92 FJ80 with e-lockers for a good price. Sounds like there's bottom end damage so she doesn't run. Body is straight, interior is good with the exception of the drivers seat cushion and there's zero rust. My question is after I pull the axles how much do you think I should be able to get for the rest of it? I know it all depends on who locally needs parts and how much I break it down but what would be your guess on how much I should budget? $500, $1,000, $1,500? I guess the other option would be to drop it off at a yard, any idea how much they would typically fetch?

If I'm not mistaken, E-lockers weren't available until 1993.

If I'm not mistaken, E-lockers weren't available until 1993.[/QUOTE

Good catch. Did a little research and it sounds like you're right. So this means either the lady didn't look where I told her to for the dial switch I sent her a picture of or she actually has a 93 which means disc brakes out back. I'll get a pic of the vin sticker before hitting the road for a 4 hour tour.

The value to part out a vehicle varies widely on a number of factors. A key factor is how patient you are to rid yourself of parts. For instance you may find a buyer for parts like the 3rd row seats if you wait long enough, but most people are removing them, not replacing them. I sold my Isuzu Trooper (after stripping parts like the bumpers and tires from it) for scrap. I got $260, and the salvage people came to haul it. I had to Google SEVERAL salvage companies before I found one who didn't care if the vehicle was on wheels. Plenty of people don't want to bother moving a salvage that won't roll.

Well the seller confirmed the rig had e-lockers (even sent a pic of the rotary switch that should be to the left of the steering wheel) but I asked for a pic of the vin sticker anyway and sure enough, the K number indicated no lockers. It also confirmed that it was an early 02. Oh well, at least I found out before the 4 hour drive.

Ask for pics of the axles, you can see the actuators easily

Ask for pics of the axles, you can see the actuators easily

No point. Vin sticker said no, and rumor has it they weren't offered in 02.

I should clarify what I said above, I sent them a pic of the switch to look for, they didn't send me a pic of the switch in the truck.

Someone may of been working on upgrading the axles. Very common process. Have done several. Gat axle pix to confirm. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom