For Sale 92 fj80 4.2 turbo diesel right hand drive Japan Import (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Imported from Japan into Canada last November registered in British Columbia now registration that has expired and we are moving out of the country must sell possible great donor vehicle por owner. runs fabulous 120000 MI, refrigerator freezer center console, because we drove over the Border into Usa from Canada then left for carribean until last June... it is now a Covid refugee, we do not have the time to deal with the proper USA import, Canada does not use a title but we do have a pink slip registration from British Columbia and will sign and notarize any paperwork necessary if somebody wanted to go through the import process through an import broker. This is why we are dumping it at a very sellable price 14K ....770. 530. 4948
IMG_20201124_083408_672.jpg
IMG_20201124_083408_681.jpg
IMG_20201124_083408_685.jpg
IMG_20201124_083408_787.jpg
IMG_20201124_083408_816.jpg

Imported from Japan into Canada last November registered in British Columbia now registration that has expired and we are moving out of the country must sell possible great donor vehicle por owner. runs fabulous 120000 MI, refrigerator freezer center console, because we drove over the Border into Usa from Canada then left for carribean until last June... it is now a Covid refugee, we do not have the time to deal with the proper USA import, Canada does not use a title but we do have a pink slip registration from British Columbia and will sign and notarize any paperwork necessary if somebody wanted to go through the import process through an import broker. This is why we are dumping it at a very sellable price 14K ....770. 530. 4948View attachment 2505516View attachment 2505517View attachment 2505518View attachment 2505519View attachment 2505531
Where is the truck located now?
Charleston SC til friday...then driving to florida for a week. Then off to carribean so truck wull go into storage in Ocala florida at my dads shop

Would love some undercarriage shots!

Text my phone and i can send you tons more pictures...770...530...4948
Where is the truck located now?
Florida..will take 12500 leaving for Antigua next Wednesday on the 9th need to sell the truck before we leave no title perfect car to combine with a perfect body with a blown engine call 770....530...4948

20201114_172740.jpg

20201114_172705.jpg

20201114_172659.jpg

Would love some undercarriage shots!
Well the truck was imported into Canada last year there for when we drove it across the border it was before covid-19 has 6 months of Canadian registration on the truck and then we parked the truck in the marina here in Charleston South Carolina to do our charter boat employment down in the Caribbean know by the time we got back to the United States of course the registration is expired the truck is here in the United States the Canadian border is closed therefore we have a Canadian covid-19 but that's why we're dropped the price down and basically are just going to sign whatever papers we need to sign affidavits with attorneys or you know notarized whatever needs to be done and we're heading back down to the Caribbean in a week and a half let somebody else you know hire a import title expert that can handle the paperwork which is probably a couple hundred bucks we can write a bill of sale for whatever amount to help somebody save tax on the vehicle but basically we just need to get rid of it it's doing us no good and really can use the money back in our bank the truck is currently in Charleston South Carolina at the moment and we are getting a yacht ready to head down to the Caribbean after Thanksgiving so we will be in the states until then I can send more pictures as well today

20201114_172613.jpg

20201114_172740.jpg

20201114_172659.jpg

20201114_172627.jpg

20201114_172613.jpg

Does anyone know if import information like this I found online is accurate? Or is there some known work around?

If you think it’s going to be easier to cross the border and do paperwork after the fact, think again. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection guidelines make it clear that you need to present all your documentation at the border upon entry. That means the bill of sale and any ownership documents need to be sorted (presumably with payment) before driving or towing the car stateside.

Well, shoot!
This is no longer for sale, as my silly self bought it Tuesday night!
I'm brand new to Cruisers, so I'll be poking my head above the lurker status I've maintained for the last few months while I hunted for one.

Just thought I'd close the thread so people don't bring it back like some of the FS zombies I've seen here.
She's all MIIIIINE!!! 4.2 liters of turbo diesel fury! Two tone alcantara interior! Sun visors that stay up! Completely clean, non-rusty hatch! Factory tool kit looks brand new! Japanese owner's manual!

Congrats!

Well, shoot!
This is no longer for sale, as my silly self bought it Tuesday night!
I'm brand new to Cruisers, so I'll be poking my head above the lurker status I've maintained for the last few months while I hunted for one.

Just thought I'd close the thread so people don't bring it back like some of the FS zombies I've seen here.
She's all MIIIIINE!!! 4.2 liters of turbo diesel fury! Two tone alcantara interior! Sun visors that stay up! Completely clean, non-rusty hatch! Factory tool kit looks brand new! Japanese owner's manual!

Congratulations. I looked pretty hard at it, would have been easier if local to me. Did you get a title?

It was a pretty crazy story. Guess it checked out or was worth the roll of the dice as you were close by. Hope you can work some magic and get a title for it.

@euclid - No, Canada does not offer paper titles apparently. I confirmed with my local DMV that with a copy of the Canada registration and a bill of sale, I can get the title in my name. We shall see how that actually comes to pass when I actually get to the DMV.

@swamprunner - Crazy story... That's an understatement! I thought for sure there was a scam afoot for the first while, but then I started to trust her (the seller), and I think everything was on the up and up after all. I don't believe I'll have any issue getting a title. I have talked to the DMV, and am in contact with an individual that regularly imports vehicles from Europe and Asia, and he said no worries. If the DMV doesn't run with my paperwork, he's certain that he can get it taken care of.

At the end of the day, it's a very good, very honest truck, and if it costs a grand or two to sort the title out, I'll still be ahead of the game, in my opinion.

Yeah I was skeptical as well but Tigger seemed cool enough as I talked to her more. Crazy story but at least it was consistent every time I spoke with her. I was gonna buy it but didn't feel like dealing with the title hassle in NC. You can probably get a title but just remember that without the proper customs importation paperwork it will always be a grey market cruiser. Does it matter...I doubt it, the feds probably have better things to do right now that search out grey market vehicles.

I wonder if after Covid you can drive it back over and have the customs paperwork ready to go... May have to take a back road over the border and then go through a larger port of entry on your way back...

@BreckenridgeCruiser
That's the last resort, but I can't really wait that long... I'm already ready to do new tires (and figure out why they are cupping slightly), go through the PS system (grinding loudly and milkshaking the fluid), 3" SS exhaust, replace the BEB's, and toss a rack on it, but I don't want to put any real money into it until I have the title in my greedy little hands.

Hopefully I'll start a thread here soon! Keep your fingers crossed!
-B.

Hey, y'all!

It's me again!

I'm FINALLY LEGAL!

After hiring a customs broker, and officially importing the HDJ81 through US CBP, and with a bit of help from the seller, I finally got my tag and title yesterday!

I'll do a thread for the truck after I get some photos, and I get my "real" license plate in the mail. Somehow HDJ81 was not taken yet by anyone in FL, so that's the tag I got!

Just bumping this thread for the few people that were wondering if it is possible, it is absolutely do-able, you just have to pay the right people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom