92 80series LOW MI., NE IA. $6350 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

VIN JT3FJ80W2N0047875

All orig. 1992 3FZ 4.0L w/ only 98,500 mi.
PRICE $6350, N.E. IOWA.
Choice color scheme of Gray w/ Gray Leather. Interior exceptional.
Very Clean exterior, No body rust, and undercarriage rustproofed
(for years) Purch. this past Jan. in IL., from 2nd very short term owner (Sept. 2006). He paid a lot more, and unloaded due to purch. of new house. Orig. owner prior w/ most records since 1998, all service at “Oakbrook Toyota of Westmont”, Chicago sub.
I have a Carfax/AutoCheck report from Jan. 2007 prior to my ownership. Glad to provide.

See pic.’s for yourself, this is a “very” CLEAN orig. 80’s LC. with sound history. My second in 18 months. I’m NOT a dealer, nor looking to make any $$. (again). Family medical bills, and Vet. Bills are forcing sell.
Their over ½ of asking price, so becomes another case of funds need to be elsewhere. Simply put, I can’t bend expenses nor time to expedite below, and I’m not going to stare at it another 6-8+ months.

The Bad: (Your not driving it home, unless very local, or to Toy. Dealer account)

Needs Head Gasket repl., (trust me, it’s gone. Milk/Muck in new oil and “excessive water leaks within exhaust. Internal leak, no exterior head leaking and/or sign of prevalent cracks). Parked since March when observed, and no further repair. Starts right up, not “torn” down. Water pump / jacket IS also shot, leaking bad. Actually noticed this might be an issue at purch., some exhaust res./tell-tell faint signs.
Thought I’d buy a few 1,000 miles or so, yet barely made 800 miles. Such is life.

Driver mirror needs repair.
(Plastic tab insert that adjusts is stripped, and mirror will not hold)

Elect. Drain (?).
(Has a Clifford alarm and remote start) Looks to have history of battery driain/repl. past. At 82,752 mi., aftermarket alarm found to wired into windows, and whole harness was said to be replaced. Windows still not as responsive, and best guess, I would pull the whole alarm and remote start. May be central relay in driver door as well ??
Has a new battery at 93,600, yet it’s already toast. Not alt., see history, and good charge issue. Drains if it sits for any time, ground, alarm, harness wrong for year, ?? I bought the 92 LC Electrical diagram and troubleshoot guide (dealer). It’s included.

Fact. Roof rack x-bars not intact. (I found complete OE set, and look to purch.) Looks to have had a low clearance issue, scuffed up Rack and toasted bars. Have a whole rack found, and most likely will purch., install (?), and it’s yours. Also, Slight dent down in top near rear. I would “think” the paintless dent folks could very easily pull up back true. Looks like someone over loaded on top and strapped down cargo too tight. No paint or other damage to roof, nor reflected within interior headliner.)

Front bumper pushed in slightly on RF. No damage to body, w/ some scratches and couple dings on FB. Rear/LR bumper was “lightly” glanced at some point in life. Some body work around Rear/LR tail light, not a “perfect” fit and some trace paint res. low under lens. Inside panel exam, no Damage. As then was driver door, some blended paint work if you “REALLY” look hard. May explain mirror issue/attempt repair. I didn’t notice only after a few months staring at door, very picky, and no issue. (light orange peal look).

I want no-one misled, nor un-informed.
I’m no mechanic, yet can pull a motor/trans. w/ the best of’em. Love veh.’s, yet hard to invest time and the $$ as well, and HATE to pay for work done either. I’ve tried to cover the basics, +++ all I see/know.
Refuse to be liable for anything else, period.
If interested, please come examine for self. You'll be VERY HAPPY!!

Now, the Good:
Full Leather, Carpet mint., seats near mint., dash & panels mint, great headliner. You’ve got to see this interior. Exceptional. Full Substantial detail on 12/07/06. This interior is very-very nice. 2nd owner never even pulled down third row. I’d say Non-smoker, yet 2nd owner may have.
I found a minor spot on driver window post fabric, and some res. in tray, yet All cleaned up. Seats very firm, not sat out, very-very light cracking only on driver seat. I'll recondition and prep. for new owner!!

Beauty mirrors/visors and flip lights all complete and work great.
CD/Cass. 9 Speaker fact. Stereo, w/ early 90’s Mot. Cell ph./speaker box/mic. (maybe use spkr. box and mic for CB, and/or ??)
NO under carriage oil leaks, AT ALL. (glad to take more pic.’s)
Rust proofed, and it shows. Only surface rust on some lower drivetrain comp. and hitch.
Very nice paint, shows well for 15yrs in Midwest, clearly garaged, and nice lines/<dings.
Pass. Side some small chips, yet no fading on Hood, rear hatch, drivers side very nice. Hood looks super only a couple faint rock chips!!
Tow package (31x10.5’s) w/ Hitch and Fact. Tranny cooler. (no harness, per below)
Fact. Alloy’s (Tow Pkg. Opt.) are extra clean. Orig. spare, and complete tool kit.
Window tint, no rips/pealing, in very nice shape.
Electric operation and lights all sound. (except for drain)
Mirrors work/full power windows and locks (except RH mirror per above)
Sunroof operates perfect, sliding rears all lock and snug.
All glass great, no window chips. Rear defrost complete, no repairs.
Cruise and Wiper relays work great.
Antenna mast good and operates as expected.
All dash lights work/display correctly, and blower speeds all avail.
AC I would say is still R12. I see no sign upgraded. Yet blows nice and cold. (have not had much run time to test. Ran for 3-4 min. at 90°F w/ over 90% humid).

Dispite bad, I bought what you see. A stock / very sharp orig. LC.
Eng. is very responsive and strong, Tranny shifts very smooth and keeps cool. Drivetrain mainly smooth, some slight rear vib. early, yet slip yokes were dry, and I’ve “slowly” greased to expand and regain. Not tooo far to pressure seals/bearings. Last trip, very smoothed out, to near nill.
You can tell this has had reg. dealer maint., and orig. owner took pride in this L.C., and here's the breakdown of records:

History:
5/23/06 @ 96,982 P/S Pump replaced. Said to be leaking.
Dealer Oil Change (hence my milk shake blend at cur. MI.)

5/17/06 @ 96,830 New Tires (G.Y. Wrangler RTS 31x10.5’s)
= Tow Package

12/12/05 @ 93,599 Repl. Battery and Elect. Check.
Cataly. Heat shields removed.
New OEM shocks (Black)
Front Diff. Pinion Seal
Resurf. Front Rotors and NEW pads installed
Full 90K Service, per schedule

02/14/05 @ 87,270 Trailer harness removed, said to have shorted out converter box. Customer removed, yet not replaced.
Complete L.O.F. Service
Dealer oil chage

07/21/04 @ 82,752 7,500 Service schedule (Oil change and gen. checks)
Resealed front inner axel seals & Replaced Rotors and pads
Front windows inop./ said “Whole harness” was replaced.

12/15/03 @ 79,491 New Radiator, and complete Cooling system flush
(some dealer concern at this time, that veh. Overheated and
while “no signs of bad headgasket, may have caused
damage from overheating but OK at this time of repair”)

11/15/03 @ 79,109 New Alternator and Repl. Battery
Full 75,000 Mi. Service, per schedule

09/25/01 @ 67,620 Replaced Battery
Full 67,500 Mi. Service, per schedule

11/17/00 @ 62,956 Full 60,000 Mi. Service, per schedule
Trans. Flush
Fuel Injection Service
PVC Valve

01/05/98 @ 52,137 Drive belts replaced
New front pads, and clean/adj. rears
Winterize / cooling system flush special

Also evident, veh. Has newer OIL PAN. 2nd owner stated knowledge prior to purch., said dealer repair damaged on removel for gasket repl., so has Oil pan and gasket last 2 years at most.

I’ve pumped Birf’s w/ Valv. Moly. Greese. I have gun reserved for ONLY LC use. It’s yours with purch. Plugs came off very easy, so someone’s been in them. Ext. was dry, yet first thing into Ia. and shot in about ¼ tub ea. side. Ext. Birf’s now look good.

I have NOT replaced Diff. fluids NOR transf. case YET. (did asap on previous, given First thing on my prior, yet given history above, I’ve had other needs to attend).
I’d be glad to do to sweeten deal. Besides, it’s just plain ol fun.

Sorry, I can bend VERY little on $$, email me for more pic's, or come see "VERY worth the drive!! Unavail. from Aug. 9th-23, so DON'T Complain if n/a or P.M.'s go unresponded. Best, call me at 319-269-2594 for more info. Geoff
92-DrvSide.jpg
92-Int.jpg
92-RearSpr.jpg

Reduced to $5750 thru end Sept.

Anyone interested, I'll knock down to $5750 for someone seeing this listing. If it's not gone by end of Sept./Oct., I'll most likely just keep.

KBB private party good at $6060, fair $5400
KBB wholesale X-cell at $5100

Someone can have ONE nice L.C. for some time and min. $$ of
around $6250 with this offer.

Thanks,

$5750 thru IH8MUD thread

Just promoting up listing, for any interest ??

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom