91FJ 80 Brake light on dash stays on... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hows the brake fluid?

is it full?

Yes full brake fluid & E-brake handle seems to be ok.
Light is dim & intermittent. When E-brake is on it is full bright & constant.

Pulled connector on fluid reservoir & the light goes out ..... bad connection at reservoir?

Thanks!

Update:

First off - having trouble finding the part through parts stores ... is this a dealer only item?

Second, kind of weird coincidence(or not...)? Driving down the highway with cruise control engaged & no light on dash. Cruise control kicks off & dash light comes on! ... is it possible this is vacuum related & I'm chasing the wrong problem with this reservoir cap?

THanks!

Driving down the highway with cruise control engaged & no light on dash. Cruise control kicks off & dash light comes on! ... is it possible this is vacuum related & I'm chasing the wrong problem with this reservoir cap?

You've got the cause and effect backwards: The Cruise control is kicking out *because* the light came on, just like it's supposed to.

And yes, it's likely a dealer only item. Price it out and then decide whether you want it or not; you can choose to just leave it unplugged if you like. :meh:

You've got the cause and effect backwards: The Cruise control is kicking out *because* the light came on, just like it's supposed to.

And yes, it's likely a dealer only item. Price it out and then decide whether you want it or not; you can choose to just leave it unplugged if you like. :meh:

Ahh! .... makes sense - like tapping the brake pedal ....great I will just replace that cap then!

Have you tried to clean the electrical connection with a good Electrical Cleaner and then use Dielectric Grease on the connection to see if that resolves your issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom