91 Toyota prado LJ78 window power switch issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have my 91 Prado LJ78 and bought a new mater switch because my window switches didn't work on one window, didn't come up all the time on another and you had to press the lock hard to make it work.
So I took out the old switch and everything worked but one window so I sprayed a little cleaner in the connectors incase there was some corrosion. Plugged the switch back in and now my window switches don't work but my lock does. so I put in the old switch and it doesn't work.

I grab my tester and I have no power to my window, naturally I thought fuse #1 could find a fuse anywhere that say windows #2 tested all the fuses and they seemed good????

Now I have not poser coming to my windows, cant figure out my next move????? PLEASE HELP my windows are stuck down and rain is on the horizon. Never had this happen before and everything else seems to be operating OK.

Is there a window switch relay? Second fuse box somewhere?

Out of curiosity, are you in Victoria BC? I drove past a Prado in my neighborhood today that had a window down with plastic in front of it. Wondering if it's your vehicle.

I have electrical schematics for the Prado if that would help. It's a big pdf though.

When I bought my Prado, I had window issues, but solved them by taking my door panels off and lubricating the mechanism in each door with lithium grease (spray can). Not sure if that might be whats up with yours.

I had similar issues....
In the end I had to literally pull the whole switch apart (look out for the springs) and remove the carbon deposits on the contacts...
Its a funny system... I think if the door switch is playing up the master one won't or may not work also.... Its to do with the contacts inside each switch....
The switches are common to lots of toyota's including the tacoma... Hilux... surf....80 series...as well as normal cars.Just the plastic shroud it screws into is just different...

I've attached LJ78 schematics for the windows and locks. Sorry for the poor resolution; it's the best I could do with the time I have right now. If you're in Victoria and have a USB key I can give you the whole Prado service manual (RM183e) in pdf form ...

Attachments

• PwrDoorLock.pdf
    171.1 KB · Views: 262
  • PwrWindow.pdf
    187.8 KB · Views: 229

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom