'91 poverty pack on Craigslist socal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was thinking about looking at this but I don't have time for it: Toyota Land Cruiser 1991

No sunroof, no roofrack, no sliding windows, no running boards, no third row.

I would probably try to go down to $2k though

Interesting Find.
I'm in SoCal and found my 80 on CL locally for 1,500.
Mine is the same color (both exterior and interior) but mine has about 100,000 miles more and I have to get her ready to pass smog.
Would be interesting to see if this one had the roof rack and 3rd row removed from an owner or if it came that way but as it doesn't have sliding windows it probably factory pov pack.

Hope she goes to a good home.

Good to hear, what did you find in there??

Difference between normal rig and poverty pack and/or status of the rig as purchased?

"Normal" for LC's are:
Power leather front seats (93+)
Power sunroof
Roof Rack
Rear Hitch
Running boards

** Now, most everyone wants to blank off the sunroof because they leak like a tall cow peeing on a flat rock.
** The power leather seats are hard as a brick and the leather is always cracked and shredded and the leather seats are taller and closer to the steering wheel than the cloth seats. Cloth seats are WAY more comfortable than the leather ones.
** Roof racks cause rust holes in the roof and they are only capable of holing 150# when new.
** rear hitch is a ground clearance issue. Replace with an armor bumper.
** Running boards are just in the way, lower ground clearance, and rust.

So some of the things I've found regarding the poverty pack:

• Correct on all the above, no running boards, no fender flares, no sunroof, no roof-rack, no rear sliding windows, cloth manual seats
  • Some people have said a true PP won't have electric windows but mine does
  • Has two dome lights, no cluster with rearview mirror. Center dome is standard and rear is just inside hatch area and is about 2/3 the size of normal one, sadly cover of rear one is missing and doubt I'll ever find replacement.
  • Doesn't have and never came with third row seats, not even holes to bolt them in or seat belt hangers on D-pillars
  • Center row seats were not included in purchase so bought some off another mud user, however, there should be eight threaded holes for the seats, four for the left and four for the right. My right/passenger side was fine but not the driver's side. All four driver's side holes had a plug that looked factory that sealed up the holes, once removed the left-most holes were normal but the right set were not threaded, no 'bolt' tack-welded under body. Someone surmised that original seat, if there was one was either on pass side only or bench but that doesn't explain the plugs.
  • Interestingly there are seat belts for the second row but the male part of my already installed belts didn't match up to the female receivers on the seats. Again, not sure if this is based on the year of the truck but always assumed that all 80's were about the same in that regard, might need to look into this further.
  • Some of the controls I've seen on other people's dash's just aren't on mine like climate but that might be a year thing rather than PP

This truck in particular, mostly standard stuff that I'm working through bit by bit:

• Need to rebuild front end, was leaking, some of the cotter pins were actually finishing nails, some of the inside stuff was just jerry-rigged and poorly done
  • mirrors wobbly, still working on those
  • antenna broken, still needs replacement
  • some body work is needed, slight bit of rust at edge of rubber/body around third-row windows
  • weird crappy 17" rims, replaced with , 33's on stock 93+ rims

There have been some folks recently that have unearthed some body differences in the 91-92 and 93-94 VS the 95-97 versions because they were swapping to the 95+ headliner.

There were never any 3rd row seats or seatbelts offered for the 91. EDIT....WRONG.
The seatbelt holes for the 91-92 are different than the 93+
There are not as many oh s*** handles in the 91-92 as there are in the 93+ EDIT....WRONG.

I just learned today that the inner front fenders on the 91-92 are different than the 93+

Depending on the build date of your truck MAY make a difference in the degree to which it was furnished. If it was early (July 1990-ish) it may not have had the other rear seat as an option then. Who knows?

You can do a search on the wobbly mirrors for multiple fixes.
The replacement antenna is usually easiest replaced with a short rubber version. The 91-92 mast is different than the 93+. (I just learned that this week too!)
Nice to switch to the 93+ rims (16")! The original 15" rims were kinda small.
Your rear axle is a semi-float and drum brakes as well. 93+ had full float and disc brakes on the rear and larger brakes on the front. Easy swap to do complete rear axle housing upgrade.
Front axle is the same but can upgrade the front hubs to 93+ and go to larger brakes.

Welcome!

Last edited:
There have been some folks recently that have unearthed some body differences in the 91-92 and 93-94 VS the 95-97 versions because they were swapping to the 95+ headliner.

There were never any 3rd row seats or seatbelts offered for the 91.
There are not as many oh s*** handles in the 91-92 as there are in the 93+

I just learned today that the inner front fenders on the 91-92 are different than the 93+

Depending on the build date of your truck MAY make a difference in the degree to which it was furnished. If it was early (July 1990-ish) it may not have had the other rear seat as an option then. Who knows?

The replacement antenna is usually easiest replaced with a short rubber version. The 91-92 mast is different than the 93+. (I just learned that this week too!)
Your rear axle is a semi-float and drum brakes as well. 93+ had full float and disc brakes on the rear and larger brakes on the front. Easy swap to do complete rear axle housing upgrade.
Front axle is the same but can upgrade the front hubs to 93+ and go to larger brakes.

Welcome!
Hate to bust your bubble, but I have a 91 and it came stock with 3rd row seats with seatbelts and I think there are just as many handles in my 91 as any 93-94 Ive ever seen. Just sayin....

There were never any 3rd row seats or seatbelts offered for the 91.
There are not as many oh s*** handles in the 91-92 as there are in the 93+

Welcome!
Same here, my 91 has third row seats and belts along with all the appropriate handles

Same here, my 91 has third row seats and belts along with all the appropriate handles

Sorry. My mistake. I was regurgitating what I thought I had seen previously...

I take it back.

19 eht rof dereffo stlebtaes ro staes wor dr3 yna reven erew erehT.

+39 eht ni era ereht sa 29-19 eht ni seldnah tihs ho ynam sa ton era erehT.

Sounds about the same as my 91 PP. Although, mine looks like it may have had running boards at one point (the threaded inserts behind the rockers look used. The center seat mounts in 6 bolt holes, two on the left, right, and center. I never checked for any 3rd row prep. I did have a small rust bubble under the right rear window trim, but that was all.
Also, I have dash speakers rather than front door speakers, manual windows, seats, and door locks.
I'm 6' tall and have a fist worth of head room :) and just the right amount of leg room.
So far, I've left it stock, except for the stereo and I upsized to 33" BFGs.
I fixed the mirrors with plastic, wire, and a soldering iron.
Photos???

As of right now - let me know if there’s anything specific you want pics of.

8896DF54-C917-4798-ADF6-2BEDD491959D.jpeg

Sounds about the same as my 91 PP. Although, mine looks like it may have had running boards at one point (the threaded inserts behind the rockers look used. The center seat mounts in 6 bolt holes, two on the left, right, and center. I never checked for any 3rd row prep. I did have a small rust bubble under the right rear window trim, but that was all.
Also, I have dash speakers rather than front door speakers, manual windows, seats, and door locks.
I'm 6' tall and have a fist worth of head room :) and just the right amount of leg room.
So far, I've left it stock, except for the stereo and I upsized to 33" BFGs.
I fixed the mirrors with plastic, wire, and a soldering iron.
Photos???

Can you please take a picture of your 80 with window cranks?

i like the pattern on the cloth, looks similar to the old gen 2 4runner or similar vintage truck.

"Normal" for LC's are:
Power leather front seats (93+)
Power sunroof
Roof Rack
Rear Hitch
Running boards

I guess I had something in between the pp and normal
cloth manual seats
got the roof racks
got the sun roof
no hitch- it later got an aftermarket hitch
no running boards- it later got terrible aftermarket running boards that went off the the aluminum pile in the scrap yard

I’ve always wondered how many patterns Toyota made. I have what I call the safari or duck blind pattern. At first I saw it I wasn’t sure about it, but now I see it as just old school, prob hides dirt real well.

40BFBD97-7D56-4404-BB9A-5E54C3B03BF8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom