91 HDJ81 brake rotors and pads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched on here and found s few threads, but nothing definitive. What are my options for pads and rotors for the 91'HDJ81. I've read that the pads are compatible with US based FJ80's. What about front and rear rotors? Thanks for any help!

Front brakes and rotors are the same as US spec. vehicles.
I believe the rear pads are the same but the rotors are different.

One of the best mods I performed on mine was to upgrade the front brakes, rotors, calipers and hoses to the FZJ80 93-97 brakes.
Those are a bigger diameter rotor that offer superior braking.
Then you will have to upgrade wheels and tires because the 15 inch wheels will no longer work.

Thanks guys any good places you recommend to source front and rear rotors?
check the classifieds, especially the parting out section. Craigslist has a bunch of good parts also. Your vehicle should have discs all around already with 16"wheels so you should be good with the later FJ80 models.

The reason I'm digging into this is I've got a scratching noise that only comes into play when I'm turning at speeds say over 15mph. Slower speeds won't produce the sound and its rotational in nature, and there isn't anything visually standing out to warrant that noise. No noise when going in a straight line, almost like when I'm turning and the suspension loads.

It started two days ago pre-lift...

IMG_6709.JPG

only while turning? What do your birfields look like. Might be time for a rebuild. Its quite easy, just a little messy. Plenty of great vids on youtube.

toyodiy will have parts listing for both your 81 and 93 and up fj or fzj 80's Check to see how far off the numbers are

I used toyodiy to find calipers and pads for my hzj73 and they were the same as 1993 and up calipers NA market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom