'91 going cheap --

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by erics_bruisers, Oct 9, 2003.

1. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

2. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

I just talked to the guy that owns this -- up in Mass. (first ding) -- drove it to and fro' school in Maine (second ding) --

-- one odd thing he mentioned is that when driving, on 3 occassions, a rock has kicked up and made a hole in the trans (?), causing service to be done where the mechanic has welded the hole up (!!) -- anyone know of this??

Oh, too, the birfs have never been touched (4th ding), nor have the rear bearings (5th ding) --

eric

3. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    91's have sealed rear axle bearings. No service, replace when craps have been shot. ;)

4. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=6126;start=msg49248#msg49248 date=1065734821]
    91's have sealed rear axle bearings. No service, replace when craps have been shot. ;)
    [/quote]

oohhhh -- thanks dan -- but STILL not a worthy DD, huh??

:'( :'( :'(

5. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Eric, seems a little steep. I saw 2 94s in RI a few weeks ago with less mileage for 8,000. He lives in Newton about 35 minutes away. If you think you might be interested I can drive down and see what he's talking about. Maybe feel him out about the price, and F**K up the whole deal for ya :slap: :D

Let me know :cheers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.