91 FJ80 VS 04 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes just based on that way too expensive.
Depends on area also but got my 95 for half that a few years ago

Oh and since you mentioned DD I would choose the 100 or a gx470. I like my 80 but I'd rather drive my 4th gen 4runner over it daily.
handles better
brakes better
more comfortable
faster
better gas mileage even with the v8
quieter

Yes just based on that way too expensive.
Depends on area also but got my 95 for half that a few years ago

Oh and since you mentioned DD I would choose the 100 or a gx470. I like my 80 but I'd rather drive my 4th gen 4runner over it daily.
handles better
brakes better
more comfortable
faster
better gas mileage even with the v8
quieter
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. Thanks.

Just curious.. $10.5k too much for a 260k mile FJ80?

I got my 97 with 159k on it, unlocked and unmodified for $7800. Needed some work but decent condition. Keep looking, you will find some nice deals.

Handling: I just came from owning an IFS 2011 Tacoma and the FZJ80 isn't bad. I notice the difference in handling mostly on high speed mountain freeway turns, and especially on bumps on those turns. Otherwise around town, I can't tell the difference between solid front and IFS. Now off road, I find that the ride in the FZJ80 is much, much better than the IFS Tacoma. The difference is travel. If you're on a perfectly graded dirt road with no ruts and no whoops, then the Tacoma is great. Problem is, every road has whoops and ruts, and this is where the FJ80 shines, and that suspension travel just swallows up a ruts and dips. The FJ80 stays flat and the suspension does the work, where with the IFS Tacoma, it had so little travel you were bouncing all over the place and slamming on your brakes for every little dip or rut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom