91 FJ80 should I buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
I recently found an 91 FJ80 for sale. From the pics body is clean and well maintained.

pros:
Nice paint job
Led lights
1991 land cruiser fj80
Rebuilt motor
OME 3 inch lift
Arb front bumper and winch

cons:
Damaged stock rear bumper
Chip on windshield
236k miles over all
Bad breaks

They’re asking $8k. I’ve been waiting for about a year to purchase one. Every time I think about buying one. I wait too long and sells.
Is this something worth the price? Or can I talk down on price? I’m going to test drive and look at it this week.

Thanks in advance!

If I were you I would buy a 1996+ truck. Many like the 3FE but it is slow. The 1FZFE is a great engine.

3fe is slow but d### reliable. In good tune they are a good, reliable performer. I second the comment about finding out who did the rebuild. Re: prices, they can be all over the board, but one in great shape with nice upgrades and a (correctly) rebuilt drivetrain can certainly command that much. Heck, I paid more than that for my mostly stock low mileage 92. And I really like the look of the earlier 80s

.... And I really like the look of the earlier 80s
same here. If i had found one at the time I bought my 100 I wouldve gone with the 80 with no second thoughts.
OP let us know what you decide

Thanks guys for the tips, I will ask what kind of rebuild they did. Anything that I should look out for if I test drive that is not the usual leaks, knocks, etc?

Well guys, I asked the guy what “overhauled” was and he started getting upset. It’s a 2 hour drive to where he is at in San Diego from my place.

I went off similar Trucks for sale (KBB, AutoTrader, local sellers) and he became irate. Saying I was full of it and etc.

I attached below some of our end conversation after I asked him what he was realistically trying to get for the truck. I wasn’t even being disrespectful.

Oh well, back to hunting for another seller. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

B3701E30-A4ED-4476-BF25-DFC78486CDA7.jpeg

34E52656-0F99-495B-9DC2-FDE6D39A006B.jpeg

Yeah, every seller thinks their’s is a gem. That said, a fully up to snuff, sorted, nice interior, nice paint, rust free example is going to command some coin these days. Not sure this one is that, though, especially if he pushes back when you try and get more detail.

$10,000? Must have gotten the titanium ARB bumper? Dude was an ass, but he'll probably sell it. Seller's market.

Hi, Ours has 406,000 miles and well maintained. Has ome suspension,arb bumper etc. We just got back from a trip at 70-75 mph. Would I sell mine fro 5,000. No way! Mike

Depends on your market, but I'm in California and bought a 92 with far fewer miles for almost half that earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom