91 FJ80 Rear Power Window Lift Channel Rubber Filler? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an issue with my rear power window lifts on my 91 fj80. On the rear driver side window when it is rolling down the channel that connects to the glass just falls off the glass because the rubber is basically gone. On the rear passenger side that same channel is not adjusted correctly and the regulator wheel pops out about half way down rendering the window open and inoperable. Question, what is that rubber part number and how to I separate, or loosen it on the passenger side to move it over enough to keep the roller inside? Do I need to remove the glass for this operation?

BTW, I tried searching the forums to no avail.

91-fj80-rear-window-glass-lift-2.jpg

91-fj80-rear-window-glass-lift-4.jpg

Try searching some of these words and combos

rear window falling off track
window filler
help removing rear window
toyota, filler

Also, i think you find that only the front, or is it the rears and available now. The only difference tween the front and rear is the length on the filler and the ones available are the longs ones. so trim to fit.

Try searching some of these words and combos

rear window falling off track
window filler
help removing rear window
toyota, filler

Also, i think you find that only the front, or is it the rears and available now. The only difference tween the front and rear is the length on the filler and the ones available are the longs ones. so trim to fit.
That is exactly what I was thinking seeing those are available.

THANK YOU!

Now to just figure out how to separate the glass from the channel without breaking the glass.
Use the window regulator to raise the glass.
Use tape to keep the glass in place.
Lower the window and the regulator will pull off the bottom of the glass because the rubber filler has deteriorated.
Use some dish soap and water to lube the new rubber.

This would also be a good time to replace the window run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom