For Sale 91 FJ80 lifted locked in PA SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling an FJ80 I bought recently in a package deal with a few other Toyota trucks. Had been sitting for a year or so and was filthy. The PO had it inspected (PA safety and emissions stickers good till April 2016) and drove it here to my house 70 miles with no trouble.

Interesting truck was John Merkey's daily driver for years and then he lifted it, locked the rear axle with an EZ locker, put some good tires on it and wheeled it once or twice. Front axle is open- not locked. He then ended up buying an FJ Cruiser and sold the 80 to my friend Rob. Rob wheeled it once or twice and didn't like it. Been sitting and now it's at my place.

White with gray cloth interior. Clear PA title. 310K on the odometer. Has a power sunroof/moonroof that does not leak. I did not try to operate it and have no idea if it works or not. Has cruise control and intermittent wipers. Engine starts readily, runs well, and has decent power. Transmission shifts fine and seems to be without problems. Steering is fine truck goes down the road well. Front and rear axles seem fine.

Interior is pretty decent- has the third row seats, too. Some stains here and there and some wear evident in the carpet but it's 24 years old and is priced accordingly. Console is intact. Radio plays but there is no display on the screen. It plays CD's too didn't try the cassette operation. Speakers have seen better days but they do work. The power antenna is broken and the truck needs an antenna. Gauges seem to work properly. Power mirrors actually adjust! Power door locks work. Electric windows and all four door windows go up and down as they should. Dash is pretty nice actually. Headliner is unmolested and in nice shape.

This truck has four wheel disc brakes and a full floating rear axle. I had given John an axle from a later 80 that I parted years ago and he swapped it into this truck. yes four wheel disc brakes. The brakes need attention- they work but require an awful lot of pressure on the pedal. I suspect the brake booster may need replaced but haven't looked into it.

Tires are ProComp 285/85/16 on nice 80 wheels. Tires have tremendous tread and I believe have maybe 1000 miles or so on them. There is a full tread spare underneath the back of the truck. Wheels are very clean. Tool kit and jack is in place in the driver side cargo area compartment.

It is not a perfect truck by any means but a good candidate for wheeling or cheap all wheel drive daily driving. John wheeled it with me once and it performed admirably. It has some dents, dings, rub marks, and scratches. Windshield has a rock ding and is scratched quite a bit from the driver wiper. Needs wiper blades front and rear. Front bumper scuffed up a bit. Hood struts don't quite hold the hood up but the tailgate struts work fine. Rear bumper pretty decent and new tubular ends have been tied in as lower quarter protectors. All the mud guards and flares are in place- for what that's worth. I don't see any rust anywhere except a very small bit on the tailgate as shown in the picture.

OK now for the price- $2200. Located in northeast PA, come buy it, do a little work on it, and wheel it at Rausch or Anthracite. Or drive it on the street as a daily driver. Clear title in Rob's name he is in the Quakertown area. Check out the pics and if interested best to email me shmukter@pa.metrocast.net. Thanks, Gary
Dash from rear seat.jpg.JPG
driver front quarter.jpg.JPG
pass rear quarter.jpg.JPG

Last edited:
Price drop from $2700 to $2200 I want this gone. if it doesn't sell soon I'll put a booster on it and sell like that. Thanks, Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom