91 Charging Diagram? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have the alternator/charging diagram for a 91/92 (I think they’re the same)? I found one from a later model but mine has the charging lamp relay so it’s slightly different.

My 80 has an early vortec swap and they did an interesting job adapting the Toyota alternator to the GM bracket. It’s tweaked so the belt squeals (and the alt is dying). I’m putting the correct GM alternator in it and I want to be sure about the wiring.

thanks! Pic shows the all thread, 4 nuts and a spacer to secure the alternator.

2C6BA54D-782A-4902-B54C-B6D0C7C064F2.jpeg

Does anybody have the alternator/charging diagram for a 91/92 (I think they’re the same)? I found one from a later model but mine has the charging lamp relay so it’s slightly different.

My 80 has an early vortec swap and they did an interesting job adapting the Toyota alternator to the GM bracket. It’s tweaked so the belt squeals (and the alt is dying). I’m putting the correct GM alternator in it and I want to be sure about the wiring.

thanks! Pic shows the all thread, 4 nuts and a spacer to secure the alternator.

View attachment 2648469
Nada?

You’re right. I realized after that I only waited a day. Thank you.
I've owned this 80 for a few months and have only driven it 3 miles. Anxious to get it going!
You're asking for free information that others have paid for. Patience grasshopper.

View attachment 2649732
Thanks again. This helped. Turns out the L terminal resistance on the GM alternator is too high to trigger the lamp relay so I bypassed and jumped pins 2 and 4 of the relay harness and the alternator and charge lamp work as intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom