91/92 interior question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning, folks. So, here is the story. I have an 80 with a 3fe. I can't tell you if it's a 91 or a 92 because it had been given a blue sticker by the CHP almost 20 years ago. For those of you unfamiliar with a blue tag, it is a VIN given to a vehicle that was stolen and messed with. Anyhow, I have paperwork that says it is a 91, and I also have paper work that says it is a 92. This information is not really relevant to the thread, other than the fact that I have a 3fe engine in it. With that, I have a full leather interior. Leather door cards and all three rows of leather seating. I really had no idea this was unusual, until I went to Spector this weekend to get a replacement door card. When the parts-puller came up to the counter, he offered me a cloth-clad door panel. I told him it was incorrect, to which he said that is I had a grey-interior 3fe, it had to be cloth... so, what the heck? Is there some really rare limited model with leather interior? I figured part of the vehicle;s history may include it being stripped of the interior, and then it was replaced with leather.

Any ideas?

Furthermore, anyone have a good condition driver's front door card they want to sell?:)

Good morning, folks. So, here is the story. I have an 80 with a 3fe. I can't tell you if it's a 91 or a 92 because it had been given a blue sticker by the CHP almost 20 years ago. For those of you unfamiliar with a blue tag, it is a VIN given to a vehicle that was stolen and messed with. Anyhow, I have paperwork that says it is a 91, and I also have paper work that says it is a 92. This information is not really relevant to the thread, other than the fact that I have a 3fe engine in it. With that, I have a full leather interior. Leather door cards and all three rows of leather seating. I really had no idea this was unusual, until I went to Spector this weekend to get a replacement door card. When the parts-puller came up to the counter, he offered me a cloth-clad door panel. I told him it was incorrect, to which he said that is I had a grey-interior 3fe, it had to be cloth... so, what the heck? Is there some really rare limited model with leather interior? I figured part of the vehicle;s history may include it being stripped of the interior, and then it was replaced with leather.

Any ideas?

Furthermore, anyone have a good condition driver's front door card they want to sell?:)

I've got a 1991 with grey leather interior and the door panel is leather as well. (And, sorry, it's not for sale.)

I've never seen a 3fe with leather out of the factory.

With that being said, I've seen people swap out the cloth for leather and vice versa. So I would look for 93-97 interior parts. Do your door cards have courtesy lights on them? Do they work?

Leather interior was not available from Toyota in 1991 in the US market. Given the checkered past of this vehicle I would say someone swapped out the interior panels with a later model.
If you run the VIN you'll get the year of the truck.

In 94 when I purchased my factory leather model in Southern California the dealers were replacing the interiors in all cloth models with aftermarket leather so they could sell at a higher price. The demand was high and the supply low for any Land Cruiser so it made sense for them. I think in 91 and 92 Land Cruisers were even more scarce. In 93 and up models the factory leather had a two compartment center console/arm rest. The factory cloth models had only one low compartment that was never meant as an armrest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom