'91 80 series rough guide on price. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mods move this if needed. I read the FAQ about costs of ownership of an 80 series. There is a bank repo lot behind my office and from time to time I see vehicles that pique my interest. A '91 80 series showed up last week. Center dif lock. Clear coat peeling on hood. No rust visible. Windshield cracked. 167K miles. Stereo gone. Bank wants $1500. I am not familiar with the 80 series as far as pricing goes and am looking for a little feedback on if this. Not looking for a DD, but maybe something that could be a fun project and capable. Whatcha think. Give me the good and the bad. Will post some pics in a bit.

Last edited:
Does it run? Price is pretty good but could be BIG :banana: to get it running. I love mine and bought it for the same reason. Nice truck for me and family camping / skiing trips...

I think it runs because they usually drive them in rather than tow, but not positive. Battery looks fairly new.

I did not talk to the bank about it other than price and to ask if I could jump the fence to get a closer look.

Here are some pics.

IMAGE_021.jpg

IMAGE_022.jpg

IMAGE_023.jpg

Looks like it has an oil leak from the gradu underneath (and another tip was the 5 quarts of oil in the back seat.)

:cheers:
IMAGE_021.jpg
IMAGE_022.jpg
IMAGE_023.jpg

If you get it, plan on another grand to get it running properly. I paid $2000 for my 91 with 140,000 and it needed a new ps box. However it has also needed, a front axel rebiuld, a through cleaning, new headlight, every fluid replaced. Plus other things I am sure Ill find more to replace or fix. I love it though, nothing beats a cruiser for what it is.

Yep, I figured it was going to be a bit more to keep it going. I have about 300 acres of property. I was thinking I can use it as a work vehicle for a while until I build it up. I think I am going to test drive it on Monday. I'll take it to my place and put it in 4WD to try it out. Maybe take it through the creek.

I think the early 80s are pretty cool. They can be had extremely cheap and you could convert to manual tranny or have all kind of other fun. For $1500 you could have tons of fun in that truck for trivial $$$.

Hey, same paint scheme as mine. :). I would go for it too. Even if its burning through oil, or just losing it you can fix it and still be in pretty good shape for that price. I'm partial to the 3FE myself. :). One thing, if you plan on replacing the wheels, upgrade to 16 in rims and you can upgrade that rotors when you have to change them. Those rims on it are a bit bizarre... :). Hope it turns out well. Just don't expect a rocket ship.

Hell of a deal. I wish it was near me.

:cheers:

Yep, I figured it was going to be a bit more to keep it going. I have about 300 acres of property. I was thinking I can use it as a work vehicle for a while until I build it up. I think I am going to test drive it on Monday. I'll take it to my place and put it in 4WD to try it out. Maybe take it through the creek.

It's full time 4WD... Still fun, though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom