90982-08251 / 90982-08252 FJ62 Fusible Link set up live & real LIVES ONCE AGAIN The Puzzle Pieces Have Finally Come Together / ALSO NOW FJ60 Too ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
toyota_3f-e.jpg1.png

Goals / mission statement :

- Reproduce the original FJ62 Fusible Links 90982-08251 , and UPDATE it to a ALL WEATHER Sealed ARCTIS SPEC. / SNOW VERSION Concept package parts
option that WILL be tough as nails , far out-last its OLD NLA Part # / DISC. status to a NEW and improved SUPERSCEDED part
# 90982-08252

- Hand made in-house Exclusively by the Rising Sun Mechanical SKUNK-WORKS Staff to let alone meet old factory spec's but NOW far exceeded them in every way humanly possible ...

- water and battery acid sealed resistent L
aboratory Crimp connections points

- PRE-Lubed with FULL Synthetic marine grade di-electric grease for a PLUG and PLAY worry free
installation

- update both primary Connector housings to UV GRADE japan spec. ones ......

-
Lengthen all the links wires , by a needed minimum ONLY amount to reduce and eliminate the traditional 90982-08251 straining / pulling stress that links wires to eventual failure , without sacrificing the overall circuit protection value at all in any way

- now
officially a Rising Sun Mechanical Skunk-Works Laboratory Brand parts offering , supersession to 90982-08252

thanks for your support and continued input and feedback on the ever growing needed FJ62 reproduction parts solution

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for original unicorn photos of a survivor installed set up ?

or live real NOS set up FJ62 Fusible Links !

I have the puzzle pieces in hand and sourced but i am getting much conflicting info in my R&D phase here ?

is there 2 different usa spec. fj62 fusable links set up's ?

maybe indeed ?

post anything u got that is 100% accurate and ligit please

no cobbed together examples please

this is how it will come to the table finally ............

thanks

Last edited:
I’ll go check my donor in the morning and see if the FL is still intact

Well

If it was ever this darn close to reality ?

I have never seen it in the MUD Advance Search Archives just like @thebigredrocker skool’d me how to dig deep into history and rewind time ….

Pardon the Rainbows 🌈 of various Japan Sourced Housings

But that fact is reality for The time being …

Finding the main two HYBRID 3 way .250 / .375 housings not long ago one late night key punching was a moment I will not soon forget

I began to cold sweat …!

Last edited:
Not sure if you still need it or if these are helpful but I took a few photos and videos. Let me know if there’s something more specific that you’d like to see
Sorry for the link. Mud isn’t allowing me to post video

6C648150-3D5D-489A-B4D0-ACBBCB4D491B.jpeg

15A6AE46-6FCF-437F-8EE2-9F53E4249CFD.jpeg

EE7B90A1-A961-43F9-B731-5FFA8FC7BD14.jpeg

not sure if you need it or not but i took close ups of mine; there's two main plastic connectors and a single wire connector (that goes to the alternator).

you'll notice some anomalies; i circled these in the 3rd pic. in the red oval is the original fusible link that would have gone to the alternator. in the blue oval is a hack i put together recently. so the PO "fixed" the alternator's original fusible link with electrical tape and i didn't realize that until it fell apart after a long drive; i trimmed the bad parts, keeping most of it intact for reference, as you can see in the red there. ultimately i "fixed" my situation by obtaining the fusible links for an FJ80 and snipping off the 1.25 mm^2 fusible link for its alternator; that's what i've got in the blue there. needless to say i'm in the market for anything better than this....

processed-6adccc0d-3a5d-4afc-b770-6e8215314d89_rVSvlHZB.jpeg

processed-73ae0db0-9661-4fe2-a8c1-fee1d379c85d_bAy1aphw.jpeg

processed-243abf91-2144-42f3-be18-73d0075ea0f2_AruaPGxA.jpeg

i think i have enough to go on for SURE

i DO have all the correct connectors
it time to PLAY BALL

and bring back the DEAD 90982-08251 shall live once again !

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1435844651-279029-jpg.1101175

Last edited:
Our fellow mud brother @cruisermatt is overnighting me his nos one to final study and clone

Give him your support here this will not stop us now Batman

I don’t give up or stop at this point

So it’s a matter of a prototype and any needed original
Mods

- 1 will be it will be longer a tad

I noticed all ones so far are stretched ?

Screw spitting hairs here Let’s make it so and then we have Somthing real

Made from 💯 %. OEM japan yazaki and Sumitomo parts non USA is the only way here. I see …

A Special big THANKS on behalf of the Entire 62 series Community to @cruisermatt And CruiserMatt,s OFF Road in Winter Park FLORIDA
For Over Night usps express mail the OEM original unmolested DONOR fusable links below

this is exactly what i need in hand to get i right the first go around , im stoked to say the least :D

also , a big shout out to everyone whom posted the TECH Photos above as well ..

i will procede wilh

To my Lab for full on Period Correct CLONING …

HOUSTON !

The
TEq Has Landed …

A700C5E5-6ECF-4CF0-BF26-12BA791E43FB.jpeg
E48C51A4-BD8F-4FD9-ACE7-6E3C835EF7A8.jpeg

HOUSTON : THE FJ62LG-PNEA USA-SPEC. FUSABLE LINK HAS LANDED !

90982-02351  FJ62 Fusable Links have landed  - Copy.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom