9011 hir bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I installed my 9011 bulbs in my 93 today, found that the o'ring seal is smaller diameter than the 9006 bulbs, will allow moisture / dirt in. What's the solution to this problem?
Searched, didn't find anything in this forum.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Try taking the o-ring off of the old bulb, put it over the o-ring, all of the way to the base of the new bulb.

Or go look at bunch Oring and find the one that works or seal it with silicone and oring

Try your local hardware or home improvement store for O-rings. Lowes had a good selection when I did install of my HIR bulbs.

Try your local hardware or home improvement store for O-rings. Lowes had a good selection when I did install of my HIR bulbs.

Dab of dielectric grease?

A much better solution is going to Delo head light assemblies with h1and h4 lamps. I spent near $80 on 9011/9012 lamps, went through the hassle of making them fit only to realize a very slight improvement. That vehicle was in iolved in a rollover the day after I installed the 9011/9012 lamps.
I went with the depo's and h1/h4 lamps in my "new" 80 with the slee harness. Much better light, updates the appearance of the vehicle, and a cleaner install. Not mention, the cost of replacing one broken, OEM headlight unit with a used one was going to cost me the same as the set of brand new Depo's I do have about three times the money into this setup that the 9011/9012 lamps cost, but well worth it IMO because of the reaasons listed above.

9011 bulbs are like $10ea. :meh: Putting them in the high and lows makes a significant difference and is inexpensive.

Have had several Depo failures, adjustments pack up, the defectors in the housing fall off, etc. They look spiffy, but not impressed with the quality or beam spread/coverage. The factory wiring is relay type, every aftermarket harness that we have measured, delivers the same or less voltage to the headlights, so don't see the point of the extra connections, points of failure?

I can replace both Depos for the same price as one 20something year old OEM headlight housing when a lense gets broken. And apparently they do break. I have purchased three 80's in the last three years and everyone had one cracked headlight lense at the time of purchase. I won't even mention the price of a new OEM headlight assy.
I plan soon to apply a product called Lamin-X to my HL to add durability to the glass lenses.
As for the price tag of 9011 lamps, I spent nearly $80 buying mine at Napa. Maybe I bought at wrong place. Mine have about 2hours on them. I will gladly ship them to any one for $40.

i will take them at 40 bucks shipped :D

I can replace both Depos for the same price as one 20something year old OEM headlight housing when a lense gets broken. And apparently they do break. I have purchased three 80's in the last three years and everyone had one cracked headlight lense at the time of purchase. I won't even mention the price of a new OEM headlight assy.
I plan soon to apply a product called Lamin-X to my HL to add durability to the glass lenses.
As for the price tag of 9011 lamps, I spent nearly $80 buying mine at Napa. Maybe I bought at wrong place. Mine have about 2hours on them. I will gladly ship them to any one for $40.

Next in line...PM if available Baldy :cheers:

10-4 @ewills

Last edited:
Found thicker o'rings in my a/c o'ring kit, slid them down the base past the original ring, seems to seal ok, now to try them out at night. Thanks for the suggestions.

Been running 9011's for years, let me dispel some of the troubles I'm seeing here.

1) The o-rings don't matter, never had any moisture intrusion, even on the high water mark in Arkansas.

2) Don't bother getting them anywhere but https://www.amazon.com/Wagner-Light...UTF8&qid=1483140358&sr=8-2&keywords=9011+bulb free shipping makes it about the best deal going at $24 a set, just ordered some the other day

3) The difference is significant when you run these in all 4 slots. No you won't get flashed if your lights are adjusted properly.

4) It doesn't matter if they say Philips, Wagner, or Joe Smuckatelli lighting. Philips of Germany is the only one making these and your bulb will be built in Germany by real Germans at a factory that says Philips above the front door.

4) It doesn't matter if they say Philips, Wagner, or Joe Smuckatelli lighting. Philips of Germany is the only one making these and your bulb will be built in Germany by real Germans at a factory that says Philips above the front door.

^^^This. The Wagner 9011 that we have ordered come in a generic white box, open it and the bulb says Philips, made in Germany and the same part number as the high $$ ones. If fancy packaging is important to you, feel free to pay more, but the bulbs are the same.

Is 9011 the low-beam and 9012 fit for high-beams on our 80's?

The other way, 9011 is the high beam. With simple mods, we run them in all 4 holes. They are significantly brighter than the lows, the payment is slightly shorter life, not that big of a deal at ~$10ea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom