90 FJ62 - Battery Light, Brake Light, AT Oil Temp Light- ALL ON (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've seen previous threads to this but not the fix yet. I just got my first land cruiser and have had a few weeks. Driving it the other day. Parked. Got back in and ALL three lights on - Battery, Brake light, AT oil temp. Had alternator, battery and starter checked and all good. Fluids checked and all good. Checked fuses I could get to and reset circuit breaker and that didn't work either. Next step is taking it the shop. Anyone have experience getting lights to go off? Fixing the problem? Thanks in advance!

Pretty common issue, just fixed this on my 88, it's related to the charging circuit, could be a ground or the alternator, check the voltage being put out by the alternator should be 13-14V at idle. If you don't have one already you'll want a multimeter to help diagnose electrical issues, it's all 30 year old wiring after all.

In a properly running system if the BAT light is on it is indicating that your alternator is NOT charging. Its possible that some other problem is going on and you are charging but I'd follow @MJC70 's advice, start the truck, and measure the battery voltage to see if its charging or not.

where in MT are you located?
check out the clubhouse section:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom