90-deg PCV OEM fit?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by clownmidget, Aug 28, 2006.

1. clownmidget

clownmidget

Anyone have an idea on a "direct" fit into the OEM grommet that's a 90-degree bend? I hate to say it but with all the crap under my hood I'm having an issue with the hose exiting the PCV straight up and getting crushed a bit with the hood closed. I suppose a 90-deg pre-bent hose would work too but now I've got that semi-transparent hose that goes to the oil catch can from the PCV and I sort of like seeing what's coming out of the PCV and going into that can. I can say that when you block the PCV it makes the truck run odd. Thanks in advance for any leads - a Toyota PCV with the 90-deg would be optimal.

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    There are some valves with a 90 degree bend. The trick will be to find one with a similar air bleed volume.

3. syrinxstar

syrinxstar

How about a 90-deg coupler with hose barb on each end? Plug one side into the engine and the other, with a short piece of tube, connects to the PCV. The PCV then acts like an in-line valve. If it were at an ngle, then the upstream side could still drain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.