9 year resto -mod and finaly on the road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

did you do the paint and bodywork? was curious how you did the bedliner: colormatched or painted over? came out great!
I replaced the driver floor, rocker and kick panels both sides, both rear quarter side panels and the rear sill then I sandblasted the entire body, epoxy primed it then sprayed the bottom.the interior and the engine compartment firewall with tintable bedliner, and then it went out for body work and paint

20180403_122712.jpg

20180405_143757.jpg

20180413_143717.jpg

20180414_155035.jpg

I am curious... If your truck came with the PTO winch from the factory or dealer, did it have the "reinforcement" piece behind the bumper? Its on the microfiche but I have never seen one in real life. It appears to be a piece of U channel with mounting holes to add to the rigidity of the bumper.
There is nothing like that on the bumper. I am the 3rd owner of the 40 and I know it was bought originally on the island of Guam and it had been hit in the front end sometime so I would think this is not the original bumper. when i bought the truck it had been sitting in a field for 8 years and it came with a lot of pieces. I would be interesting to see that stifner

What are the specifications and supplier of the cable you installed on your winch? I was going to put 3/8" on mine since metric cable is nowhere here stateside, but oddly enough all I can find is communist chinese crap.

Beautiful rig. I'm in Simi Valley as well and we spoke a few months ago when I drove by your house in my grey Tacoma. I'll have to bring my Sky Blue 78 by to hang with your 68 now that I finished the suspension.

think of all the quality time you got to spend outside not doing other useless projects you would have been otherwise assigned.

killer color!

Beautiful rig. I'm in Simi Valley as well and we spoke a few months ago when I drove by your house in my grey Tacoma. I'll have to bring my Sky Blue 78 by to hang with your 68 now that I finished the suspension.
any time you see the garage open stop for a beer !! I always have cold ones !!

think of all the quality time you got to spend outside not doing other useless projects you would have been otherwise assigned.

killer color!
The color is Fashion Green T303 top is Shell Ivory T302 and all trim pieces are Ash Gray Metallic T145, all were correct colors for the 68 model year. It was a lot of challenges and one hell of a lot of work, yep, loved doing it !!!!

What are the specifications and supplier of the cable you installed on your winch? I was going to put 3/8" on mine since metric cable is nowhere here stateside, but oddly enough all I can find is communist chinese crap.
I got the wire rope from a friend who had it for years sitting in a job box, he thinks they got it from Warn but not sure.
It is galvanized 5/16' 7x19 I believe the breaking load in 94--9600 lbs. the original cable size was 8mm so the 5/16 is right there

Incredible job, a real beaut! I’m jealous of your rotisserie, I could use one for working on my 45 SWB bed right now. Can you elaborate on what’s going on with these patch/backing pieces on the underside? Thanks.
22A42A5B-AEB5-4A5D-8A08-887D0669B5AB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom