9 FJ-80, Heater doesnt blow hot air on idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
NEW PROBLEM. I noticed today while I was working on my sons FJ that while I sit and Idle the heater doesn't blow hot air.
When I press the gas it will...??? This is anytime, even after its warmed up and the temp is hot!! Took a drive and waited in a parking lot idling and back to cold. Anyone had this issue? Also noticed that lights and most everything does dim and slow on idle???

What year? If it's a 3fe, the upper thermostat gasket maybe missing, allowing coolant to bypass, causing inconsistent flow.

Mine is similar, apparently the heater cores are known to clog up in these.

Mine does the opposite, idle is about the only time it's truly hot, usually just lukewarm.

back flush your heater core, To check hold on to both coolant hoses one at a time, if you find one hose is hotter than the other than your heater core can not pass enough fluid fast enough before it can cool. If the hoses are a different temp the hot hose is your intake, flush from the output side.

Check your coolant level. Mine was low and did this. The culprit is a small leak on the shaft of the temp control valve at the firewall. Mine is a 94 though. It never left a puddle under the truck so I missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom