9-19-20 wild burro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still talking about Saturday, Sep 19?
Yes. Especially now that I don't have to worry about college football like I normally do during the fall.

Is there any one interested in going on this day. I am going to lift the series restriction so not just 40's but open to anyone who wants to go.

I just looked at the weather for next weekend and it looks to be really good. in the sense that it won't be in the triple digits. So that would be great for the older vehicle with no A/C, but I would rather have more participation then limit it to 40's only. Open to anyone who wants to come. From what it looks like and what I have heard it is rail-x road for quite a while. Trail is rated intermediate and should only take 2-3 hours out and back. Meet up will be at 8:30ish, we will try to hit Edwin road around 9ish. What will be a better meet up Basha's or circle K on Oracle?

Do you actually rearrange your schedule due to sports you don't play?
yes i do normally in the fall during college football i block out time for when my team is playing and plan my days around that

^^^ Kudos to you. I take every opportunity I get to head out. Even when my alma mater is playing! That's what the DVR is for!

Is this your trailhead?
62156386473__A050814D-2270-43A8-94BB-23938D1BA803-small.jpg
62156388903__F4F87E3C-3F19-4640-8B41-CE0ED68AAD66-small.jpg

I am out, sorry (please, no tears). Our 40 is still being worked on. Enjoy the run!

I am out, sorry (please, no tears). Our 40 is still being worked on. Enjoy the run!
Well the classic cruize is going to be earlier this year. Last year it was just way too hot. Classic Cruize 4 make sure MLK weekend is open . I hope your 40 is done by MLK day weekend. Turns out that this isn't going to be what i wanted it to be anyway. there is a guy whose kids play hockey with mine who is in the process of doing a solid axle swap on his Taco who is coming with his razr. I might be a little too boring for him

Pencil me in with the 40. Dispatch at work may bring the poo-poo, but at this point, looking good.

Pencil me in with the 40. Dispatch at work may bring the poo-poo, but at this point, looking good.
i can't wait to see your 40

Well don't set your sights too high, it's been mildly molested and probably will be covered with dust.:lol:

Thanks for the reminder, need to grab the BLM permit out of the 4runner.:cheers:
State Trust Land permit is what the sign says you need. Not the same as BLM.

Well don't set your sights too high, it's been mildly molested and probably will be covered with dust.:lol:

It's a 69 right? Seems the southern part of the state has more than it's share of 69s. Have a 68 and a 70 but no 69. 70 is a 10/69 build date but has the 70 model changes.

It's a 69 right? Seems the southern part of the state has more than it's share of 69s. Have a 68 and a 70 but no 69. 70 is a 10/69 build date but has the 70 model changes.
Yup, fit into the solid '69 year with the vin on my research. Couple of things I changed to make life simple; removed the old style oil filter and replaced with a spin on that mounts on the intake. Replaced the 1 lung carb with a non-usa Asain 2 barrel and the cross over (early 70's) type air filter housing, plugged the oil fill tube that goes into the block and moved it to a hole on a Clifford aftermarket valve cover. Turn signals are now the oval early 70's also.
Other than that, it's still running the original (rebuilt) F engine (with points) and the single reservoir brake cylinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom