9-19-20 wild burro (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking through my trail guide book for Arizona and "Wild Burro Canyon" stood out. It is rated as a medium (blue) trail. This is not going to be a "Classic Cruise" but I do want to have a run of 40's. It is in Catalina and Saddlebrook, so close to the Tucson area. It will have to be when the weather cools off a bit because 114 is just a little too hot to be riding in an oven on wheels. Possibly an early morning run or a late evening, but not a true night run. Basically i want to try out the new modifications done to Uma and i like going on runs where there is more 40's then just me in my 40.

Interested!! I should have my 40 ready to go!!! Its stock but very interested!!!

I remember Wild Burro Canyon as our go to party spot while in high school. Now it has a Ritz Carlton and a golf course parked in the
middle of it in Marana. Someone must have seen the writing on the wall and moved it to the East slope. :hmm:

BLM permits in the past have been highly enforced. I am interested in joining in my convertible oven.

This would have been great when I lived in Casa Grande. Can we get this going when a bit cooler? With no PS and no AC these things are already ovens on wheels🙄

I am now in Surprise so still a pretty good hike out there in a nearly stock 40. PO installed reverse shackle on the ‘78. Dave Gore’s welds truly are a thing of beauty though😊

Cooler weather with camp out option would be nice👍

Does an 80 just count as 2 40s? Hahaha
A pre-run with air conditioned rigs may be required to find camping options.;):hmm:

That area suffered a lightning strike burn the same evening as the Bighorn fire .

Does an 80 just count as 2 40s? Hahaha
well mathmatecally speaking 80 would be the next multiple of 40 and the next land cruiser after that would be the 200

I am interested if you would accept another air conditioned recovery vehicle for over-heated 40 drivers :rofl:

I would be interested, if my 40 is out of the shop by then.

That is just it i haven't picked a date to do it yet. Maybee?September 19th

Ok so this just happened my son asked when the next time we were going to go wheeling in the 40 was going to be. So I guess that i need to start planning this run and make it official. Oh and i guess that i will open this to other members of the group. I do want to "encourage" as many 40's to show up as humanly (humanely) possible.

As Of right now i am planning on a morning run up wild burro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom