9-1 Dewey run

murf

Lifer
SILVER Star

I was invited a couple weeks ago to join up a group of wheelers that apparently have known and wheeled with each other for some time. these gents are a pretty cool bunch and enjoy the outdoors. The agenda was to go in around Mayer, follow the Agua Fria river (just beautiful - one day Id like to follow this river bottom much further up) and locate the Bingingham and Stoddard mines. The roads in the area of the mines have been nicely graded due to the reported reopening of this old gold mine. New technology will be able to draw more of the precious metals out and apparently is worth reopening. The area is pockmarked with many mine openings and includes a tailings area. The elevation ended up around 4600 feet with sprinkling rain that lowered the temperature to the 70's :). We ended up exiting the mountains into the backside of Dewey which I never realized how beautiful and green that little town is. A beautiful place indeed! Mtkreitz and Msahr joined us in the last minute.
Thanks to run hosts Bob P. and Joe C. :cheers: A great time.

Attachments

Last edited:

murf

Lifer
SILVER Star

A group of snorkled 80's :)

Stopping for lunch - mostly 80's, Marks Taco, a 4th gen 4Runner with armor, and a couple Jeeps along on this day. Great scenery

Mine shaft and old mining structure above.

Attachments

msahr

Thanks for the invite! Good times, even felt like a real CSC run with all the turnarounds :cheers:

Need to explorer more in this area. Lots of fun looking trails. Might even be a way back way from Dewey to Jerome.

murf

Lifer
SILVER Star

No SC, he was showing off his homemade heatproofing of his intake airfilter canister. He was running intake temps 20 degrees cooler than the other non SC 80's.

I think I may do the same thing...;)

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor

No SC, he was showing off his homemade heatproofing of his intake airfilter canister. He was running intake temps 20 degrees cooler than the other non SC 80's.

But wait he has a snorkel so he cooler without doing anything:flipoff2:

inkpot

SILVER Star

Curious what he did to it. I have tested the theory with 1/2" insulation with nominal results. John

doc_random

SILVER Star

U Cross Ranch - Mayer to Dewey Run Sept. 1

Hi all,
The group was the AZ Land Cruiser Association.
The picture is the Google Map shoing the U Cross Ranch. You can see it in the the pictures with the 80's on the hill - it's the farm land in the background.

Link to more pictures:
http://opa.cig2.usa.canon.com/s/m/BLJDkQzd2f2

The big white patches NW pf the ranch are mine tailings - very big! Basically filled a valley 30' deep and 200' across with this stuff.

Randy

Attachments

msahr

Muddy Pond and Cruisers

Nicely tricked out 4th Gen V8 4Runner

Somebody's Tacoma ;)

Old Railroad(?) bridge next to the **REDACTED** farm

Arizona...

Kinda steep...

msahr

Murf

You first