8th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 12-17 Silverton, Colorado* (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reading these last few pages has me green with envy! I'm going next year, dangit. Have fun everyone!

I was in Denver for the night on business and there was a nice hundy at the Embassy Suites out towards the airport that was loaded and one would assume headed out to Silverton. Jealous of the trip.

I take it that the LC with trailer at the comfort inn is yours? I'm here too. That's a heck of a rig! I was out checking it out this morning, lol. I'm in the much less modified LX :)
Haha, yes that's mine.

550 south from montrose was no problem at 9AM. 2 sections of single lane roads added up to a 10 minute delay, tops.

Denver crew will be arriving 1215 at the meeting point. Going through gunnison now.

Denver group passing through Gunnison now. ETA for Lake City is 12:15pm. Trying to catch the rest of the folks taking Cinnamon Pass.

How loaded is the cruiser? Had this problem last year on the way to HIH7 due to too much weight. Unloaded some items before running trails and was fine.

Do you have access to techstream? Chances are you might have some bad sensors. But techstream will tell you more or less what is going on.

About 4-5 hours out. See you all soon!

Coming from Colorado Springs via Buena Vista 24 - 285 - 50 - 550. Hopefully 550 is looking good!

4D600D64-2E60-4713-9577-0F8C06E95499.jpeg

I ran by the Molas Lake Campround for a shower. They are very nice, $5 for 5 minutes, and the water got so hot it burnt me getting in. Great facility, it was no more than 15 minutes from Silverton.

Thanks for all the tips for the busted AHC it's still not moving off of low. Even with the tuck unloaded. I am stuck in a small RV park and goiing to try and pull off a miracle swap with new Torsion Bars and rear springs to offer enough lift to make it work .

Ain't gonna lie this doesn't look good

Thanks for all the tips for the busted AHC it's still not moving off of low. Even with the tuck unloaded. I am stuck in a small RV park and goiing to try and pull off a miracle swap with new Torsion Bars and rear springs to offer enough lift to make it work .

Just went through a similar dilemma 1.7k in parts and a bit more for labor. I just got to the point where if that happened offroad I would be super pissed so I switched to OME. Mine rode on springs only for a couple days but I elected to not drive it. Could you limp it without any weight?

@Knowbuddy I can problem is I am towing a trailer and need to return it to abq, NM. Taking it to a 4*4 shop so I'll have to limp there from here and see how it behaves just replacing the Torsion rods and rear springs

@Knowbuddy I can problem is I am towing a trailer and need to return it to abq, NM. Taking it to a 4*4 shop so I'll have to limp there from here and see how it behaves just replacing the Torsion rods and rear springs

Idk if it helps but I have about 6 trucks heading back to ABQ on Tuesday. One of us could surely tow it back for you if need be..

Just delivered kit to @LonghornLX , big thanks to @Riverrunner for getting it to Silverton......@aaronrules, looks like @LonghornLX won the bottle jack award, your jack wins again

"Expletive, expletive, expletive, expletive"...you know...need to keep it kid friendly. That is why I love this forum and this subforum and this event. Good job and good luck guys. Hope everyone finds the trails at the end of what will be a long day or so...

Don't know how you ended up and if you are still stuck in Durango but the guys at 4x4s & More have gotten me out of a jam before if you need a local mechanic to take a look. Think they are primarily Jeeps now but a couple of their mechanics know a thing or two about Land Cruisers.

Unrelated note, real jealous of everyone going this year, hate i couldn't make it. keep the pictures coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom