8th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 12-17 Silverton, Colorado* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do the campsites have a table, grill or water?
No, the campsites are created in a very large field, so they do not have any amenities. Water is available at the Lodge on the premises, so plan to bring your own and refill your water jugs periodically.

No, the campsites are created in a very large field, so they do not have any amenities. Water is available at the Lodge on the premises, so plan to bring your own and refill your water jugs periodically.
Is the field for tent or RTT only or can popups and small TTs like Rpods be setup too?

This is going to be amazing, can't wait

Do the campsites have a table, grill or water?

There are picnic tables on the deck of the lodge.

Is the field for tent or RTT only or can popups and small TTs like Rpods be setup too?

Tent, RTT, popup, R-Pod, 5th Wheel, RV. Come one, come all. 5th wheels and RVs need to remain on the gravel area in front of the lodge.

@B-RAD and @smakee are master manipulators of space. They are the official parking/camping guides of HIH and do a wonderful job at not only laying out a parking plan, but assisting and directing folks once they arrive.

Whole family is excited for this again, our 4th year. Hopefully we don't miss registration. I was traveling for work last year and my wife had to do it, with some extra frustration. Willing to lead the same trails I did last year. I promise to show up with a better GPS this time and have less 'detours'. Although, the detours resulted in finding some neat places I had not discovered before.

Last edited:
Best event of the year. Not too big, not too small, just right....

Edited: Figured out when sing up is after it being pointed out.

Last edited:
If you've never heard of this event before, you're either a 100-series newbie or you just crawled out from under a rock. Either way, it's a phenomenal event that takes place in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It's a fantastic experience for anyone that is new to off-roading so don't be intimidated by the pictures of the high mountains of Colorado. Most of the trails are easily driven with a stock vehicle and decent all-terrain tires. With the event being based in Silverton now, even the most discriminating of tastes has something to see/do if the wheeling isn't their thing. It's a fun experience for people of all ages. Our first year was HIH3, when my kids were 10 and 11. There were plenty of younger kids down to toddlers, possibly even babies. Don't be worried about bringing the whole family. They will all love it.

From the first post looks like next Sunday at 5pm our time.

I started reading the thread and then lost focus and started skimming the rest. Thanks for pointing it out for me. Just looked again and that is blatantly obvious. I'm a moron. I should have made sure I had some coffee before posting.

Last edited:
Just curious, but if someone wants to watch the more modified vehicles climb up the wall at Poughkeepsie Gulch without trying it themselves, which trail run should you register for (the one with the bypass or without)?

The Thornes will be there again this year. Minus the kiddos. This will be a VERY early 20th anniversary trip for my wife and I. Like 5 months early, but it’s all good!

That bear that was seen on the trail last year is 100% because we were there. I was told that the only two bears seen at HIH have been when the Thornes are there. So you might want to run with this guy if you want to see a bear!

Legit question. If there is a group of people that want to be parked together at camp, is that something we can figure out?

I will also offer up my ridiculous amount of tools and stuff from my drawer if anyone needs anything!

And no talking smack about my big ole bottle jack, that thing was very useful last year! @paflytyer was right about sharp rocks!

I am totally going to make the wife drive a trail this year!

I am super pumped!!!! Everyone that comes together to put this on are my favorite people in the world!

I said it last year and will say it again...I REALLY want to make this event, I have to plan better! We have to put vacation days in around Sept or Oct year before, is it normally scheduled around the same date?

After having my 100 for 5 years, I think I am finally going to be able to make it this year...coming from AR...planning on camping near the Great Sand Dunes NP on Medano pass and then sneaking in from the east via Stony Pass. So ready to get back out there...fingers crossed nothing gets in the way this year...

I sure hope you make it....just moved out west last summer after 4 years in AR(Cabot then Jonesboro for 2 years each) and we miss it. Maybe we can talk!

Bummer I was hoping to get there this year, but we are going to Yellowstone with the in-laws that weekend.

@aaronrules if you're coming without the kiddos, whose going to offend the Californians with their nerf gun comments?

Glad you'll be there again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom