8j60 rear heater control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
86 fj 60 ok the rear heater fan is not operating . when the blower motor is tested to a 12 vdc battery it spins fine , internal inspection looks good , relubed bearings and the brushes look good. when the heater is plugged into the rear heater load leads (read; plug ) the blower does not spin . when monitoring the voltage on the blower plug leads there is 12v when the motor is not connected. when the motor is connected the voltage is les than 1 vdc . which leads me to beleive that the control contacts in the rear blower switch or relay are bad . My question is .... Is there a control relay for the rear heater or is it controled directly throught rear heater switch. any help or references to the factory wiring schematic would be appreciated. Augie

Last edited:
Try the tech link.
I have fj62 and the contacts on the switch on the console were corison on them and once cleaned it worked.

that is all I got.

yep that is what it was a SLIGHT bit of pitting on the switch contacts. as far as i can assume the heater blower relay sends power to the switch when the main heater switch is in the on position. the contacts in the switch appear to be beefy enough to control the load of a fan motor. well the motor got a service and all of the old crap that had been sucked into the intake of the rear heat assy. has been cleaned out. no tell how long it has been there but a 1986 quarter in fairly mint condition wass found under the heater . sort of a time capsule..Aug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom