89533-60030 Is this the part# for difflock ECU? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
winchstoyotaparts.yolasite.com
I think I found the difflock ECU at a wrecker, but I just want to make sure before he ships it here. Is the above mentioned # what I'm looking for? I also don't think they are going to be cutting the wiring harness to give me the connector. Is this something I can order from the dealer? Anyone knows the part numbers for the connectors for both the difflock ECU and the dash switch? Thanks. Gary

That is the controller for the front and rear locks. If you have a 93 or newer vehicle the connector is already in the cowl wiring harness.

Winch,

Do a little research here and it will yield a lot of information about locke ECU and associated wiring harness. Boston Mangler did a real good write up on retrofitting diff lock to non-lock 80s. He also has a picture of that locker ECU on his website.

cruiserdan said:
That is the controller for the front and rear locks. If you have a 93 or newer vehicle the connector is already in the cowl wiring harness.

4x4CPOSEADOG said:
Do a little research here and it will yield a lot of information about locke ECU and associated wiring harness. Boston Mangler did a real good write up on retrofitting diff lock to non-lock 80s. He also has a picture of that locker ECU on his website.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I do not own an 80. I have retrofitted the E-locking diff (FZJ80) into the non locker axle (FJ80), and it is going on my Tacoma (SAS). I have also done the same type of thing by swapping rear axles and did all the wiring for for the E-locker a few years ago. I just know from experience that it's easier to use the factory ECU compared to the relays and resistors. Now that I found the ECU (thanks for checking that part number, cruiserdan) all I need is the connector. They sell the whole harness on Inchworm for $36.50, but I only need the connector. Thanks. Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom