SOLD '89 Toyota Xtra Cab, 4WD, 3.0L, AT, 148K Miles, Raton NM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

**SOLD**

This will eventually be posted on CL and Autotrader but giving folks here first shot at it. This is one of the best vehicles I've owned but now I need a full size truck.

1989 TOYOTA PICKUP, XTRA CAB, 4WD, 3.0L V6, AUTO TRANS, AC, 148,030 MILES

$3,900

The truck is low mileage, clean and well maintained. It has been adult owned and driven. It's a survivor. The engine, suspension and drive train are in unmodified, stock condition. No dogs and no smoking so the interior is clean and in fine condition. This truck could be used as-is or as a great starting point for a restoration.

Current New Mexico registration and the title is clean, clear and in my name.

Engine runs great. It uses no more than one quart of oil in 3,000 miles. Recently got 20.2 MPG on a round trip from Raton NM to Pueblo CO. Gets 14 MPG around town.

No leaks except for a power steering fluid drip – I believe it is a hose.

Transmission operates as it should. Positive shifts and no slipping.

Transfer case and manual hubs operate as they should.

Tires are General Grabber AT2 all terrain, LT235-85-R15 with 75% tread and in excellent condition. There are two mounted spares in excellent condition.

All gauges, accessories, switches and lights operate. Exception is the dome light.

No body rust and the original paint shines. This truck turns heads.

Frame is solid and most of the original paint is still on it.

AC converted to R134 and is ice cold.

Have a 1/2” folder with maintenance receipts going back to 1996.

Owners manual, factory jack and a partial factory tool roll included.

Comes with ARE aluminum camper shell with contractor doors and screened sliding windows. EDIT: screened windows are tilt out.

Known Defects:

Slight leak from power steering hose.

Could use new front rotors.

Radio antenna base loose. Radio powers up but no reception.

Dome light does not work.

Dent in right rear corner under tail light.

Older paint touch-up on tailgate.

Front valence has some wrinkles.

A few scratches and dings.

Slight upholstery wear on outside of drivers seat.

Dash has one crack.

Dash bezel modified to install aftermarket radio.

Non-original features:

Has later vintage Tacoma steel wheels.

Rear bumper is an aftermarket replacement.

Blaupunkt AM/FM/Cassette in dash radio and aftermarket speakers in rear.

12V power point added to center console.

Under bed spare tire carrier was removed.

I have many more photos.

EDIT: Link to Imgur photo album: '89 Toyota Truck

001.JPG
014.JPG

Last edited:
Nice truck! It deserves a good home. If I was in the market I'd be all over this.

Thanks. I hate to part with it. Cosmetically its better than 90% of them I've seen.

003.JPG
010.JPG

Here's the real question.... Would it make it back to Oregon?
:steer:

It's about due for an oil change. I'd do that, fill the gas tank and head for Oregon with zero concern. But I've put 48,000 miles on it and know it pretty well.

More photos:

018A.JPG
001B.JPG

Right rear quarter shot showing the dent in the corner, the aftermarket bumper and bumper mounted hitch. The only thing I've towed with it is a 600 lb M416 trailer which in an earlier pic is visible in the background along with my FJ60.

Couple of interior photos. Doesn't even have coffee stains on seats and carpet.

004.JPG

013.JPG

032.JPG

Last edited:
The 3.0 gets ridiculed a lot but I've had a couple and I've always liked them. Did it have the head gasket recall done?

Man that's a beauty. I sent the link to a few other 'Yotaheads here in Amarillo who might be interested. You won't have trouble selling it.

It's about due for an oil change. I'd do that, fill the gas tank and head for Oregon with zero concern. But I've put 48,000 miles on it and know it pretty well.

Or Alaska, or Uraguay, or __________.

The 3.0 gets ridiculed a lot but I've had a couple and I've always liked them. Did it have the head gasket recall done?

I have some receipts from the PO starting Sept 96 at 61,278 miles. Nothing from the owner ahead of him.

I bought the truck in 06 with just over 100K miles.

No receipts for head gasket replacement.

Can a Toyota dealer run the VIN and determine if that was done?

Last edited:
Or Alaska, or Uraguay, or __________.

Sounds like a plan......North slope of Alaska to Ushuaia in South America. Guess that would make it an Expedition Vehicle platform.

Maybe even drive the Darien Gap rather than ferry around it.

NOTE:

Should have done this to start with. Here's a link to an Imgur album of a lot of photos of the truck including the warts mentioned in the initial description:

'89 Toyota Truck

Last edited:
Great looking truck!

Hey Colby. Didn't know you hang out here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom