For Sale 89 HJ61 with 12HT in japan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I live in japan and have a 1989 HJ61 with a 12Ht. I am moving back to america next month where my home country has seen fit to ban this sweet ride. There are very few of these beauties left in Japan. I am listing it for sale for $6,000 american dollars I though I would offer her up to my fellow TLC appreciators where you are able to import one. I dont know much about exporting one of these so if you are interested it would be best to go through an agency as if you were purchasing from an auction. Engine was rebuilt last year, but has less than 160,000 Km total. Right hand drive.

Last edited:
Could email me some pictures? Why was engine rebuilt with such low mileage? Auto or 5 speed?

Thanks,

Doug

Where in America is it banned are you refering to the USA or Quebec these are not banned in the rest of Canada.
Does it have cable lockers

If this vehicle was in the U.S.A.

And ya wanted to part it i would love to have the engine,for my fj80 on volvo 303 axles,and copy stone's idea of putting this engine in a fj80, Just thinking outloud,REXMAN

do like i told you in pm. take the JFTR (assuming youre military) up to TMO and show them where the reg says you can pack car parts and tell them that there is no specification that you cant pack motors. then separate the motor from the trans. and pack everything you want to keep with your housing goods. for the motor drain it and have it crated. I got a japanese friend and had them find a local company with a forklift. and had the forklift waiting there when the moving company showed up. Japan4x4 here on mud may help you out if you give him a call.

I appreciate all of the remarks and suggestions. I was a civilian living on Okinawa. I have it in storage there and am planning to bring her over in a couple years (25 year) rule.

Last edited:
Oh look what my Nigerian friend sent...my Title...
Title.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom