89 FJ62 - where to get 92-944Runner caliper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
89 FJ62 - where to get 92-94 4Runner caliper? PLEASE

Finally ready to do this 4Runner caliper conversion on my FJ62. After first ordering the WRONG (1996) calipers last year, I want to be sure to get the RIGHT ones this time, pref. fully loaded.

I was going to use the one Marlin advertises on their website, but now thet are described as "originally found on 1988-1995 V6 trucks". Don't I need specifically 92-94 4Runner calipers???

If so, WHERE DO I GET 92-94 4Runner calipers???

As always, THANKS a bunch!
Ricardo

Last edited:
Couldn't you go to your local dealer, CDan or other parts store and ask for calipers for a 92, 93 or 94 4-runner and get them that way? :confused:

:cheers:

I ordered 93 V6 4x4 from autozone. They come in tomorrow so I can tell you then the actual AutoZone part number. I just purchased lines from MAF and the 1" MC from Marlin. Hopefully they will arive before the weekend and I can get them on!

Mine were $84 loaded for the pair, plus core, from AutoZone.

Thanks!

Thanks all!

Being an OEM fan, I suppose I've boxed myself into buying only Toyota parts. Please let me know how the aftermarket parts work out!

I've had and an FJ80 MC and booster sitting here waiting for this job.

Well, I test fitted today and they didn't fit. It looks like they will with a minor trimming of the dust shield. I won't know for sure until this weekend when i have time to trim this thing. I ordered loaded calipers from AutoZone for a '93 4Runner V6 4WD. that should get the correct thing. they are massive and I can't wait to get them on!

I have a Fj62 and I would like to know where I can get more info on the caliper conversion. Like all that I need and how much work(custom work) is it going to take. Thankz

do a "search" there is tons of info on this site,,

yea the bolt right up,,I am planning on doint mine soon too

I think you are supposed to remove the dust shield

oh yea I am getting mine from a junk yard, calipers mc and pads for 50$, there is one local that specializes in 4runners, they have 10 or so I can pick and choose

there are a few that look like the brakes are brand new/perfect,,, like they just had a brake job before they rolled it etc,, one only has 35k miles on it,, other 67k,,,

You have to trim less than an inch on each end of the caliper. I did mine with a hacksaw with it attached to the hub for holding it steady, took 15 minutes or less for all four cuts.

It is my understanding that the ones from Napa etc are all OEM rebuilds. I got mine from Marlin and paid extra because I did not have to send in a core. I wanted everything on hand for my knuckle rebuild and disk-caliper replacement without having to go back to collect the core charge.

If you get new rotors at the same time make sure to set the pads properly with 8-10 50mph to near stops. Then let them cool down by driving slowly with minimal braking before you park.

Dunbar

Thanks all. Looks like I'll try the Napa calipers - why not if they are OEM rebuilds!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom