'89 FJ62-what is the warning light next to the "check engine" light? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After finally getting my headlights to work I took the truck out on the USFS roads behind our house for some driving and admiring the views. On the way back, while cruising slow (10-15mph) over the rough roads, I noticed a warning light that is just to the left of the "check engine" light occasionally flashing. Didn't stay illuminated long enough to see what it said and I can't find any diagrams online that point out what that is-I don't have an owners manual or FSM yet.

Can anyone tell me what that is and what impending disaster it is trying to warn me about?

Thanks,
BK

I believe the check engine light is alone in that little window on the left side of the steering wheel.

Thx-what I saw was a red indicator flashing occasionally just to left of Check Engine. The window is a wide rectangle with Check Engine occupying the right half. I can get the Check Engine to light when key is turned part way (along with several other warning lamps) but not this one.

3AF94E6E-F424-49C4-978E-A65919791552.jpeg

Looks Jury rigged like I’m going to have to do since I put my finger thru the original check engine light plastic. Btw, that looks nothing like what is on my 89 fj62. Doesn’t look original to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom