craigslist 89' BJ74 Vancouver BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1989 JDM BJ74, 141000 Kilometers, 4 cylinder 13B-T turbo diesel engine with automatic transmission.

A/C , headlight washers, rear wiper.PTO, full floating rear with limited slip differential. Very clean truck with no rust or rot. Interior is clean and original.

OME suspension lift, 31" BFG AT 80%, ARB bull bar, Warn 8274 winch, Hela spot lights, 80/90watt head lamps, trailer hitch and wiring, Pyro boost and trans temp gauge, in cab and remote winch control, Wilson glow screen override, aux. transmission cooler. Etc. etc.

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

Last edited:
Now that its over 20 years old, how difficult is it to import these into the US? Specifically Washington State?

Theres some good info here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...verything-i-ever-learned-about-importing.html

and here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...orting-threads-first-read-before-posting.html

From what I have read, more and more people have been successful importing vehicles younger than 25 years, but I am by no means an expert.

Thanks for the interest.

"More and more people have been successful importing vehicles younger than 25 years". ...... I wish they would share their secret with the rest of us.

There is a guy in Portland who bought a 74. The seller drove it down to him and he paid for him to fly back home. Then he put a set of FJ 80 plates on the thing and nobody is the wiser.

Hell, I'd be willing to buy it and let it sit on my property until 2014 when I could legally register it. But I'd have to get it here first. Lol

There is a guy in Portland who bought a 74. The seller drove it down to him and he paid for him to fly back home. Then he put a set of FJ 80 plates on the thing and nobody is the wiser.

Hell, I'd be willing to buy it and let it sit on my property until 2014 when I could legally register it. But I'd have to get it here first. Lol

Great plan until law enforcement runs your plates or worse yet you are involved in an accident. Creative importing looks good on paper and is extremely tempting but the downside can be very harsh.
My .02 worth.....

I realize every State is different but my DMV officials told me that the vehicle could set in your garage until 2030 and they would still not issue a legal title if it was not legally imported.

Ya Im interested. Gotta figure out how to get her to Seattle.

I work a 3 week on/ 3 week off rotation, and I'm able to fly for free. I'll bring you the truck, you bring me to the nearest airport.

Work done:

CHASSIS: Differential breathers raised, new rear brake pads last month, front pads probably 60%

SUSPENSION: OLD MAN EMU

2 - CS006F Front OME Emu Dakar Leaf Springs
2 - CS004RB Rear OME Emu Dakar Leaf Springs
4 - SB1 OME Poly Spring Bushing Kits
2 - OMEGS1 OME Greasable Shackle Kit
1 - OMEGP1 OME Greasable Front Spring Pin Kit
1 - OMEGSP01 OME Greasable Rear Spring Pin Kit
8 - OMEU51/59A OME U-Bolts & Nuts

Rancho RS5116's shock absorber and steering stabilizer

TIRES BFG All Terrain T/A KO 31.7x10.7

STEERING 4×4Labs Complete Steering kit with GM 1 ton tie rods, GM 1ton tie rod ends and jams nuts

ROAD ARMOR ARB 70 series front deluxe winch bar, recovery Hooks, Fair-lead.

LIGHTS HELLA H4 spot lights with upgraded 90/100 Watt bulbs, integrated with original OEM in cab toggle switch, ARB winch bar running and turn signal lights, Headlamps are dot approved right facing with upgraded 80/90 watt bulbs.

WINCH WARN 8274 winch completely rebuilt with all WARN parts, Winch-It wireless remote, Albright solenoid, In-cab controls with kill switch. 2.5hp 24V motor

GAUGES ISSPRO boost, pyrometer, and transmission temperature. 24V bulbs with green diffusers

ELECTRONICS 24v/12v power converter under driver's seat. Sony stereo, Sony 6x9 speakers and Sony 4x4 speakers in dash

TRANSMISSION: Aux transmission cooler

ENGINE WORK: New water pump and thermostat in 2009, radiator and cooling system flushed, Filters and fluids changed way more than necessary, 2 year old Kirkland batteries, Fan clutch rebuilt, New injectors in 2010, Intake manifold gasket replaced, Valve cover gasket replaced, Valves readjusted to spec in 2011, Lubro Moly fuel system flush in 2010, Fuel tank dropped and cleaned with no rust found 2011, Lower radiator hose heater, Wilson switch for glow screen, cigarette lighter converted to 12V, Additive always ran in fuel, Upgraded primer pump on injection pump, the OEM ones leaked, straight through 2.5 inch exhaust, K&N air filter

OTHER STUFF: Bikini Top, light duty trailer hitch and trailer wiring harness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom