88FJ62 EFI Water Temp Switch Contact Wire Break (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

88Retired62

TLCA #8993
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm attaching a picture of the EFI Temp Switch which exits the 3fe engine thermostat housing at the front of the engine. As you can see the wire connecting to the switch has broken off the fitting cap that slides on to the switch and locks in place. The cap, at the wire point of entry, is sealed completely with some type of hard filler leaving no entry point to reconnect the wire. Has anyone ever experienced this delimma and can I cut out the hard filling material and reattach the wire to the pronged contact points in the cap?
IMG_0158.JPG

that black rubber plug can be pried out of the back of the connector. a terminal release tool is needed to free the terminal from the housing, and some crimpers will needed to crimp on a new terminal. the terminals can be found; I think it's the same as the injector connectors...feed the wire thru the removed black plastic plug, then crimp on the terminla, then seat the terminal to the housing, then reseat the black plastic plug to the housing and you're done. clear as mud?

Yeah that black plug is basically just really thick rubber. I actually cut one of mine once I had it pulled just to make getting the wire in it easier. Squish it back in and it's essentially sealed again. Getting the female end out of the plastic clip can be tricky. W/o a terminal release tool.... Be gentle and use a small flathead to push down and something sharp to push in because they typically have a little tab that sticks out inside the clip that is holding it inward. If your wise you can open up the terminal and reuse it, sometimes the right length are hard to find easily. Also play around w/ different size female ends if you have an assortment box, something might fit. I've redone a few so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom