For Sale ‘88 HJ61 in OK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No A/C. No lockers. No Winch. No sliding rear windows. No sunroof. BUT, It's the magic LHD so it will probably sell for close to $20K.

How can you place an ad noting the 12HT and not have a pic of it? I like it and seems to be priced about right. @limerence no real parts difference, mostly preference.

Is the whole LHD vs RHD merely a preference? Or are parts harder to source for RHD?

I've been driving RHD for awhile and don't mind it all! There are two hassles: Drive-throughs and trying to pass a big truck.
1. - Not that big of a deal - reach across and grab your 6 dollar latte
2. - HJ's aren't really speed demons anyway so passing almost never really "has" to happen.

That parts are pretty much interchangeable with the exception of stuff like the dash pad or steering box.

I've been driving RHD for awhile and don't mind it all! There are two hassles: Drive-throughs and trying to pass a big truck.
1. - Not that big of a deal - reach across and grab your 6 dollar latte
2. - HJ's aren't really speed demons anyway so passing almost never really "has" to happen.

That parts are pretty much interchangeable with the exception of stuff like the dash pad or steering box.

Why #2?

I have been looking for a good LHD HJ61 for a couple of years now and I contacted Abe when his came up. It is truly a rare bird here in the states, but I steered clear because of the rust. The listing owner on CL did not mention anything about it, and it is possible that he fixed it, but the gutters were in pretty bad shape. Abe was very upfront about the condition and sent several pictures. I have attached them here for anybody who is interested. I am not intentionally bashing the new owner or Abe, but I feel like the current ad is missing some important information.

Cheers

IMG_0158.jpg
IMG_0159.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_0161.jpg
IMG_0162.jpg

Last edited:
More
IMG_0164.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg
IMG_0170.jpg
IMG_0171.jpg