88 FJ62 Under the Hood Electrical Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rookie question here- hope I'm posting in the right area. I'm trying to identify two disconnected wires on the passenger side firewall of my 1988 FJ62. I've already checked the owner's manual and Toyota repair manual, can't figure out what they are. One goes to a device on the firewall (also don't now what that is), looks like it was previously attached under a bolt that was sheered off (?). And there is a disconnected ground (?) coming out of the firewall in the same area. Everything works fine on the rig, don't want to fix what's not broke, but would definitely like to know. Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie!

IMG_4031.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

That’s your wiper motor with the sheared off bolt and one of the wires is the wiper motor ground. Both of those wires go on that sheared off bolt but you could just use the bolt above it if you can’t replace the missing one.

Both those wire connectors should be bolted to bare metal body ground somewhere. Find an existing bolt that will fit or install one. Those wires are redundant grounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom