88 fj62 interior please post up some pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the blue interior and like most, my driver seat bottom is torn. I think I may have found a piece from another seat that could patch it. However, my carpet is worn out and the family doesnt really like the 80's look. I am not planning a full on restoration, but a very complete refurbishment, so I dont mind straying off the reservation a bit. My rig is two tone. Blue and gray. So, I am thinking of going with a complete carpet kit (link below) from ebay. Has anyone used these? Is there a better choice? Then maybe do the seats in a nice vinyl, and something to the door cards. Thinking of a black carpet and dark grey seats. Open to any and all ideas.

I may just repair the seat and replace the carpet....easiest route for sure.

If anyone has done something like this I would like to see what you did to get some ideas. Thanks a lot!

Carpet Kit For 1988-1990 Toyota Land Cruiser Complete Kit | eBay

20180307_183819#1.jpg

20180307_183622.jpg

Your carpet looks like it would clean up real nice. I would pull it scrub it down and reinstall. I know the interior looks dated but it looks appropriate. Most times I see a newer interiors in a 60 it just does not look right. You can find a replacement bottom here on MUD from a part out and new foam from SOR.

Contact @dnp and get a quote for his carpet if you want high quality from a mud member. Alternatively I have a really clean blue grey carpet that I will likely be replacing with one of his as soon as I have some $. You can have it for free though likely shipping might be a bear.

Thanks for the replies. My rig doesnt have carpet behind the back seat or on the wheel wells. It has some kind of black rubber stuff. I think it look way better with full carpet. Isnt is supposed to have carpet back there? I will PM @dnp . Always prefer to support MUD.

The black rubber stuff on the wheels wells is stock AFIK.

I'm out of town right now, but will post some pics of my interior when I get a chance. PO put in a simple grey leather on the seats and a nice replacement carpet set. I can tell in you in my last 60, I tried the pull and scrub method, but was not satisfied. There are several kits out there and you may consider contacting an interior shop in your neck of the woods.

It's down my list a bit, but I plan to redo the door cards and I am going to have a custom console built. The Tuffy is 100% effective, but I think our trucks need something a bit more elegant.

Good luck with your plans. Remember: It's your truck. Make the changes that make you happy. That's my plan!

My 89 with brown interior the rear wheel well vinyl cover are brown to match the side panels. Not black. Interior is original and have owned it almost twenty-five years.

@dnp carpet set also has carpeted wheel cover which is really nice IMO

SMS Auto Fabrics is in the process of starting to reproduce the 60 series fabrics (60/62 and both colors). In mid-Feb they said they were going to start weaving in a few weeks. Shoot them an email.

@dnp carpet is the way to go.

65447D64-5943-43F3-A589-B790560DA82C.jpeg
5DE8BD39-DE00-4C3F-82E6-223F3D6EED0F.jpeg
7694CF10-7B20-4423-9F9E-F67CED4CF3D5.jpeg
0BB7D218-B5EF-4854-BF51-228890F6B0F2.jpeg
My interior is 100% SOR. The seats were done in the year I sold my rig to a guy on MUD and then purchased it back, he did a great job on them and I think wrote a thread about his steps.

I splurged & replaced the dash with a factory replacement.

The carpet is SOR, and I have MAD respect for upholstery skills now. I still haven’t gotten the front panel to lay flat around the seats, but nevertheless it looks good enough for me for now. The rear and cargo panels are super easy to install.

Few other dash/interior pieces I’ve slowly been replacing as they come available.

I do wish I still had the original blue striped cloth at times, b/c it’s design is quite classic.

DNP has it where it covers the rear wheels wells. He can sell it by the yard too so you can get it for the bottom of the door cards.

Look up BMW X3 seats in here, seems to be a popular option.

Thanks for the pictures, I like the SOR interior....but dang they are proud of their stuff.
They are proud of it, but I can confirm you get what you pay for.

A buddy got a carpet package from a place that was 1/3-1/2 the price and while it is nice you could tell the difference.

God I love the look of that SOR marine grade vinyl. But it is pricey.

I emailed SMS auto fabrics. Will let all know what I find.

That’s a shame it’s so expensive. I wonder why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom