88' FJ62 interior paint- Gray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I'm trying to refresh the interior of my 88' Fj62. I sourced some of the SEM paint from Cruiser Corps for the plastics. I was wondering if anyone has found any metal paint that would work for the trims? Specifically the carpet trim that is on the back of the rear seat. I have bought a couple different grays and they are all way too light. I have found some "metallic" paint that looks like it would be close but I want to keep the satin dark gray look if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I guess some auto supply stores will paint match for you and put it in a spray paint can. Has anyone ever done this with good results?

I have paint matched those. It is Nissan Hippo grey. Last two pics in this post: Builds - HJ60 Snow white - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/hj60-snow-white.978827/page-4#post-12790624

IMG_20191115_142855.jpg

If you've got a powdercoating shop nearby, I highly recommend powdercoating the carpet trim piece that surrounds the back of the rear bench. I powdercoated mine satin black and it looked great.
Normal paint is too soft and that metal trim is a high wear piece when the seat back is folded down. Also you're going to have to smell normal paint cure inside the car seemingly forever. Especially not fun when the car is parked in the sun with the windows up.

If you've got a powdercoating shop nearby, I highly recommend powdercoating the carpet trim piece that surrounds the back of the rear bench. I powdercoated mine satin black and it looked great.
Normal paint is too soft and that metal trim is a high wear piece when the seat back is folded down. Also you're going to have to smell normal paint cure inside the car seemingly forever. Especially not fun when the car is parked in the sun with the windows up.
It is not so easy to color match with powder coat. Otherwise it is a great coating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom