87 Truck Interior Lights Inop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone got a tricky question just got an 87 toyota truck ext cab and the dash lights and auto shifter lights do not work. I have checked the obviouse fuses relays everything is good, however the previous owner did a hack job on the radio cig lighter etc.. and bunch of wires are disconnected would this cause it I looked at the bulb behind the heater and it is in good shape as well so I know that bulb is good in the rest just some sort of elec. problem any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Make sure the rheostat (dimmer) is working. Sometimes just turning it up and down a couple times will clean the contact surface enough to gett'm goin'... did mine that way and they started working again (after sitting for some time)

Otherwise break out the FSM schematics and start tracin' :D

Good luck with it!!

Thanks thats what I am working on now tore whole dash apart bulbs are fine and so is wiring so that is my next option going to put a jumper on it and see if that works.

The cig. lighter circit/clock is seperate from the dimmer.
Hello everyone got a tricky question just got an 87 toyota truck ext cab and the dash lights and auto shifter lights do not work. I have checked the obviouse fuses relays everything is good, however the previous owner did a hack job on the radio cig lighter etc.. and bunch of wires are disconnected would this cause it I looked at the bulb behind the heater and it is in good shape as well so I know that bulb is good in the rest just some sort of elec. problem any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

finally figured it out the wires on harness were switched around somehow got the tester out and tested the rheostat and it was good and jumped it with a paperclip and juice was there so just swapped the wires on the plug and eureka thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom