87 manual with cruise control

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by gillti, Jul 24, 2005.

1. gillti

gillti

okay, changing the thermostat today and got curious about why the aftermarket cruise doesn't work (not that I will use it too much, but it's there on the steering column, it might as well work) and I found the line that runs from the unit in the engine compartment to close to the carb. however, when the PO had the carb rebuilt they did not hook up the c c. My question is this: does anybody have this same set up and where does the line hook up with the carb, if that is where it hooks up? Let me know if pics would help.

beyond that, still overheating, and it's pissing me off. . .

2. t-o

t-o

need some pictures. PO installed an aftermarket cruise on my '82 that I got to work with some minor fiddling, but no telling if it's the same as yours.

on mine, only thing attached to the carb is a cable (bicycle-style) near the firewall that pulls upward to rotate the throttle linkage. more pull = more rotation = more gas. It has its own speed sensor (magnet on driveshaft to sense revolutions) and an induction coil around the #1 spark plug wire to sense engine RPMs. The only other connections are to power and ground, and a cutoff switch is tied to the brake lights.

not sure if that helps...
    Tim

3. CruisinTiger

CruisinTiger

hey gillti my 60 is overheating also. and I am about to take the radiator out and go get it boiled out and rewelded to see if that helps. Might wanna try this yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.