87 FJ60 resto mod - a deviant undertaking underway

TLC Norway

woodwelder
@TLC Norway: 60/62 side marker lights, upgrade V2. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/60-62-side-marker-lights-upgrade-v2.1258730/

That's a separate thread I started just on the mirrors. The adapter will fit LR Defender mirrors to the 60 series - and there are a ton of options for both arms and mirrors.
About side markers? Can't find the adapter thread

EDIT, found it after searching "defender adapter" on the forum.
i was a bit afraid that my user account here would be blocked just by typing that!! :cheers:

Last edited:

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for PTSD
@TLC Norway

Side markers: No adapter plans at the moment. I'm tapped on my project funds with the mirror adapters and interior pieces. Plus, the way @TRAIL TAILOR is rolling with his mad scientist fab projects, had to start a separate fund on the side to keep up with him.

If the mirror and/or interior parts have success on the eventual group buy, I'm down with getting an adapter designed for the side marker lights. I would think this adapter can be 3D printed since it doesn't have to be milled. . .way outside of my field of expertise.

Also, spoke to a distributor and if there are enough people (25 or greater), I can get the lights down to +/- $200 (vs $260) per set.

sschruff

She's finally on the lift and I'm about to start getting my hands dirty.

IMG_1432.jpg

sschruff

woah, what's happening right now. How'd we miss covering this?!?!? Spill it Shane!...hah! Can't wait to see this rig done.
Dropping chasssis, stripping body, blasting, checking & curing cancer if found, cutting rear taillight sections out, fab’ing 75 bronco sections in; fan’s the SR-L lights for front & rear side markers, spraying inside/underneath/firewall with lizard skin & second skin; removing dash & HVAC & stock wiring; then finish prepping for paint! Then rewiring front -to-rear with Infinity harness; gonna try to do the restomod air unit myself but likely J will have to tidy up behind me; installing 80 sliders, custom headliner, restomod door panels & assoc hardware…phew, I’m already tired just saying all of that:)

sschruff

So, spent the greater part of the day locating parts, some in a secret location so secret I forgot about them.

List is compiled sans additional used parts - I'll finish those tomorrow or next weekend.

Will spend next week working on pricing

Will post to both IH8MUD & ebay

PLEASE DON'T INQUIRE ABOUT PARTS. PRICING, ETC. UNTIL PRICING IS POSTED & PARTS ARE LISTED IN THE APPROPRIATE SECTIONS.

Thanks, Shane.

Attachments

• PDF.FJ60 New.Used.OEM.NonOEM.Custom Parts List.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 59
That is a helluva list. Serious effort expended on acquiring that parts list. Commendations for that alone. That list should fetch some coin to fund the deviant undertaking. 👏🏻👏🏻

sschruff

Making progress and son of a bag of dks is it tedious, labor intensive, and time consuming work. Glass guy is coming today. No cancer yet but waiting to see what the A pillars look like after the glass is out. Once dash is removed, pulling harness front2rear. Last two decisions to make: Keep 60 dash or convert to 62; GM connect & cruise or a ultra low mileage LSA/tranny combo. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

body prep5.jpg
body prep4.jpg
body prep3.jpg

body prep2.jpg

Major Nelson

SILVER Star
I'd love to have a 62 dash in my 60....just sayin. I'm betting $ that there's hardly any rust once the glass is pulled. Looking everywhere else your 60 looks super clean/dry. I do love the idea of the virgin engine and trans....but the LSA engine just sounds sinister. 🤟

are you pulling the headliner off too? That's one thing I wish I'd done when I did my respray. Would have gotten a new vinyl headliner (easier to clean). Then added some dynamat to the roof...possibly lizard skin/heat shield.

sschruff

'd love to have a 62 dash in my 60....just sayin. I'm betting $ that there's hardly any rust once the glass is pulled. Looking everywhere else your 60 looks super clean/dry. I do love the idea of the virgin engine and trans....but the LSA engine just sounds sinister. 🤟

are you pulling the headliner off too? That's one thing I wish I'd done when I did my respray. Would have gotten a new vinyl headliner (easier to clean). Then added some dynamat to the roof...possibly lizard skin/heat shield.

Hmm. . .did u hack the shop cameras, lol! Yup, headliner is coming down. Have lizard skin and spectrum for entire vehicle. And since I was eager early on and did the dynamat - which is now scuffed - ordered 2 boxes of Membrane with the RestoMod HVAC system - you know, the ADHD/OCD still kicks in from time to time.

the C&C vs LSA is a really hard decision. Again, the OCD kicked in and I had the guy quote me including S/C reinforcement, new acc drive components, upgrade ARP hardware, valves, cam, etc., so basically pricing is equivalent.

And I'm leaning toward the dash conversion - or modifying the 60 dash with something like this:

Word.
dash cluter.jpg

sschruff

Glass is out, progress On the incredibly difficult Dash, headliner and other work to restart Monday. Inching closer to completion

4D5FFF56-D56D-4190-8D20-A33EF4E37293.jpeg

ED80B835-04ED-4D86-90E3-7B71E2373FB1.jpeg

110AB7B0-CA19-4DFB-886B-FB2BDB741948.jpeg

A12CE17D-42C2-46C0-A36B-45FFA53D43FE.jpeg

sschruff

It's rust-free everywhere...isn't it?
Almost…few small spots on lower corners of windshield. Time for some new metal and spa treatment! And wait til u see the last addition to the build list. Keeping it mum until it materializes but probably as excited about it as I am the overall build!

567C31B2-8835-4A8A-B580-1C51F8284962.jpeg

7C6849C0-5C82-4D26-AA63-8E9E6D27A71F.jpeg

D66C985C-5802-45E6-B71D-4762EF0C2C38.jpeg

6966BE99-1404-4EB4-81FC-3510A6A98AB9.jpeg

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com

sschruff

That hidden area underneath the windshield gasket looks pretty good for a vehicle made in the 80s. Most of that orange looks like staining with minor rust crumbling. I’d be happy with that. It could be a l o t worse.
@OSS appreciate the kind words. My friend/body guy stated the exact same thing. I can appreciate this as my first 60 was just the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom