87 FJ60 pops out of 1st gear during engine braking. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if you have eliminated the motor mounts and transmission mount as a possibility, but when mine was doing the same thing it was the driver side motor mount. I would inspect all the mounts very carefully. It is not always easy to tell if they are bad.
I'll be sure to ask but the mount are practically brand new.
ACC claims (but did not show me) that there was a lot of brass on the screen when they drained the transmission and the fluid was less than 6 months old 1600 driven miles and 1500 towed miles.

I'm taking it to OTM in Birmingham AL next week for an H55 upgrade.

Beaver Toyota Toyota offered to do it but I had to buy and ship the transmission and they estimated 12-15 hours of labor at $165. They have not done it before. I should have gone there for diagnosis they would have been half the cost of ACC.

ACC charged me $255 to drain an refill the transmission and test drive it. ACC charged me $234 to recharge the AC. They did evacuate it and recharge so it wasn't just adding some Freon even though that is what I asked for.

I might check Beaver Toyota out next year because they will do carburetor work and get good reviews.

Driveshaft R&R was included as a labor item as the work is req'd to pull the trans. They added the joint replacement as an anticipated need. Unless you know that the joints are newish or otherwise well-maintained and in good shape, this will be a good time to replace them.

Driveshaft R&R was included as a labor item as the work is req'd to pull the trans. They added the joint replacement as an anticipated need. Unless you know that the joints are newish or otherwise well-maintained and in good shape, this will be a good time to replace them.
What is this in reference to? ACC or OTM?

The ACC pdf you attached.

Got the truck back today from Over The Mountain Cruisers.

The project was delivered on time and on budget.

I am very pleased with the service. I hope Cole is successful with his business so that we can come back year after year for PM.

I've only driven it a little bit but everything seems fine.

They also fixed a bad seal in my locking hub. They did the 2wd low range mod. I didn't know there was such a mod. It is basically an easy way to shift into low with out going into 4wd low.

Cole drove the truck down to our camp site so I wouldn't have to drive my RV into town to pick the truck up.

Now I just have to stop shifting into 3rd instead of first and 2nd instead of reverse.

wow congrats!!! huge upgrade and you will get used to the shifting in no time.

Got the truck back today from Over The Mountain Cruisers.

The project was delivered on time and on budget.

I am very pleased with the service. I hope Cole is successful with his business so that we can come back year after year for PM.

I've only driven it a little bit but everything seems fine.

They also fixed a bad seal in my locking hub. They did the 2wd low range mod. I didn't know there was such a mod. It is basically an easy way to shift into low with out going into 4wd low.

Cole drove the truck down to our camp site so I wouldn't have to drive my RV into town to pick the truck up.

Now I just have to stop shifting into 3rd instead of first and 2nd instead of reverse.
Thanks again Ed, hope you enjoy the 5 speed. Safe travels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom