'87 FJ60 fusible link. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I smoked the red wire on the fusible link from the (+) battery terminal. I sent a description and picture of it to a local Toyota dealer and he said his books don't show anything that looks like it.????. I've owned the car since new so it's not something somebody made up for it. It has a round plug on each end and one input and three output wires. Anyone have an idea where I could order one? Thanks.

If you smoked the wire I would consider looking a little deeper into "WHY" it smoked rather then just poppin a new wire in there. It sounds like the main power supply to the starter. Got a photo? with the wire and its current location in the engine bay?

Maybe helpful for all of us.

It smoked when my "assistant" hooked up jumper wires backwards.
Toyota part 028.jpg

Ive got one of those in my shop...Im sure. Ive got some old 2f stuff layin around. I'll take a look for ya.

Part # 90982-08135 $50

You can also repair the one blown wire: https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/258630-fusible-link-question.html
Question is what is the amperage rating? Is fusible wire color coded, ie, is red wire always such and such amperage? Also don't you think it's odd the dealer couldn't even locate a picture of it? What would he tell a customer with this problem? Sorry Jack,for a $20 part you have to junk your car? I worked in customer service for 40+ years and that is not how you treat customers.:mad:
Also on this site, what does "Trackbacks" mean or do?

It's not odd the dealer parts monkey could not locate it. He was prolly born 'bout the same time as Justin Beiber or has the wherewithal of a guy who twitters pix of his dix. Search for MUD Member "BENO" -- He's a guru parts guy at American Toyota in NM - He owns a 60 and can get you whatever is available. His contact info is in his sig line.

Amperage capacity of FL is determined by size, that's why link in the above post tells you what gauge you need. Don't know about color standards. The FL bulk wire I bought in 20 ga and 18 ga were both black.

Trackbacks *I think* follow where the thread is linked to in other threads.

Ordered one for a spare JUST IN CASE and they are still available if this part number is correct:

Code
90982-08135

Item
Toyota OEM Part Number 90982-08135 | FUSIBLE, LINK

Qty

Price Grand Total
$40.34 $40.34

Subtotal: $40.34
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $12.79
Grand Total: $53.13

Users who are viewing this thread