87 FJ60 Fuel Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a fuel delivery issue on my FJ60. It started a few times and idled a little ruff, now I can’t get fuel to the carburetor. I’ve checked all the lines and they all fill with fuel to the pump but I can’t get fuel up the line to the carburetor. Any help or tips would be very much appreciated.

Fuel pump may have failed.

Obstruction in the line to carburetor.

All vacuum lines connected?

Diligently clean the area where the fuel pump mounts to the block, verify spacer block ~(1/4" thick) is mounted between pump and block, if the spacer is not there, the fuel pump has a busted lever arm. . .

HTH

disconnect line at pump and see if it pumps gas when turning engine over. if not replace the pump, also change the engine oil

I removed the fuel line that goes up the carb and turned it over. No fuel came out that port. I think I’ve got all the vacuum lines connected. I’ll double check that. I disconnected the line from the carb and the pump and blew my compressor through it so I’m pretty sure it’s not obstructed. I’ll check the spacer also. I didn’t look at that.
thanks for the tips.

are you sure you are getting gas to the pump? disconnected at pump and used air to get gas to pump?
if the rig was running and you haven't changed the pump, the spacer is there, it is important to make sure it is there when changing the pump.
vacumn lines have nothing to do with gas flow to the pump or carb

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t see a spacer on my pump.

7A20E60A-CC6C-4D21-A0BD-95763A9AFA9E.jpeg

it does not look like the spacer is there,
was the engine ever running? or is this a project that never ran?
3 lines at the pump requires a spacer, you need the spacer and a new pump

I got the engine off a guy doing a diesel swap to replace my seized engine (long sad story there). I put it all back together. So as usual, my fault. I’ll start shopping. Thanks!

Anyone know of a good place for the parts? I’ll check all the usual online vendors.

Fuel pump may have failed.

Obstruction in the line to carburetor.

All vacuum lines connected?

Diligently clean the area where the fuel pump mounts to the block, verify spacer block ~(1/4" thick) is mounted between pump and block, if the spacer is not there, the fuel pump has a busted lever arm. . .

HTH
You win the prize! Busted arm. 🤦‍♂️

8A229ADC-D2B0-4A59-9DCB-3FFEAB224180.jpeg

Make sure it is Kyosan brand, that's the Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Bummer the mechanical arm broke off, it is now down in the oil pan. Another can'o worms to remove and replace the pan, but, it will probably not be a factor immediately, unless you're catching big air.

Make sure it is Kyosan brand, that's the Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Bummer the mechanical arm broke off, it is now down in the oil pan. Another can'o worms to remove and replace the pan, but, it will probably not be a factor immediately, unless you're catching big air.
Ok thanks. Yeah, I already did the oil pan after I bought the engine and got it home. Now I get to do it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom