87 FJ60 dizzy replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First time poster, but avid thread reader. Recently purchased an 87 FJ60 with partial desmog. Finished desmog and replacing leaking fuel pump etc. Went to remove dizzy to swap out springs to find the dizzy is cracked. Should I try to find a rebuilt dizzy or upgrade? If so what is recommended? Seems like there are a few options to chose from. Thank you.

Jim,
Went to adjust timing today and could not turn dizzy at all, had to knock out with block of wood and hammer and broke off the lower bearing section with the O ring. Looks like it’s been in there a long time....

Yes, that can happen.

Is all of the dissy removed from engine now?

FWIW, I can build a dissy using one of my core bodies and your guts.
Jim,
Yes I was able to get the whole assemble out. I would be interested in a price to have one rebuilt with a recurve for desmog. Thank you

Since I found one of Jim's recurved ones from a third party last winter, I still have my original working one (but seized advance? 'running rebuild-ready core' let's call it :) ), and I'd be happy to make you a deal to get it out of my shed and put another working core back into Jim's ecosystem. It's from an 11/'85 FJ60, so with-smog electronic style. It actually worked fine and more or less the same for 6+ years like that, but with the advance dead, it was apparently a lot more sluggish than it had to be at high RPMs. Definitely happy to have the result of the recurve...really woke an old engine up.

So, anyway, please PM me if you think my old dissy would help out.

Since I found one of Jim's recurved ones from a third party last winter, I still have my original working one (but seized advance? 'running rebuild-ready core' let's call it :) ), and I'd be happy to make you a deal to get it out of my shed and put another working core back into Jim's ecosystem. It's from an 11/'85 FJ60, so with-smog electronic style. It actually worked fine and more or less the same for 6+ years like that, but with the advance dead, it was apparently a lot more sluggish than it had to be at high RPMs. Definitely happy to have the result of the recurve...really woke an old engine up.

So, anyway, please PM me if you think my old dissy would help out.
I’m interested in it. I’m about to start a desmog on my ‘86 FJ60. I want to send mine to be recurved, but I don’t want to be without one in the meantime.

For the sake of getting the fj60 back up and running I ended up ordering a DUI distributor and plug wires for now. Going to look around for a suitable core to have rebuilt and recurved for later.

For the sake of getting the fj60 back up and running I ended up ordering a DUI distributor and plug wires for now. Going to look around for a suitable core to have rebuilt and recurved for later.
People do not do well w/ those. I recommend you do not run it. I don’t recall why but absolutely know I’ve seen most avoid them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom