87 Fj 60 Vortec Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Really Don't Think I've Ever Been This Frustrated W/ Anything
In My Life! Ive Checked And Rechecked My Wiring,ive Done Test After Test.if I Use A Test Light On Module White/black Wire An Touch To Ground It Fires The Coil Ive Swapped All Major Components In Another Rig That I Did, Coil,module Crankshaft Position Sensor,and Even Ecm And They All Work Great Lst Night Before I Went Home The Last Test I Did Was To Check Cps To See If C/ Yellow Wire Was Creating Ac Voltage It's Supposed To Put Out 10 Volts And It Didn't Butt I Now The Sensors Good Because It's Out Of The Other Rig!any Idea's I'm Going Bald From Pulling My Hair Out.thanks Brad

I went throught he same fight. I redid the wires from the Chevy to the Toyota, make sure the ones(sorry can not remember colors) that need to be hot run (engine on) are hot run and the ones on hot start9 Start only) are only on hot start and visa versa. I either did that or had a bad connection because after rewiring it ran fine. No idea what was wrong, I just pulled it apart and started over. Good luck.

I went throught he same fight. I redid the wires from the Chevy to the Toyota, make sure the ones(sorry can not remember colors) that need to be hot run (engine on) are hot run and the ones on hot start9 Start only) are only on hot start and visa versa. I either did that or had a bad connection because after rewiring it ran fine. No idea what was wrong, I just pulled it apart and started over. Good luck.

What are you using for a wiring diagram? My 1997 5.7 Vortec has a Painless harness, & their diagram is accurate AFAIK (I've had a couple of minor problems, but it's always run).

I used a Chevy diagram(s). I would go to the areas where the two systems interface, mine was the toyota fuse block, and check all of the wires there. I am not sure what cured my problems but best guess is I had a wire that should have been run and start hot on just a start circuit. I did too much at once to be sure of the solution. I do know I get 13-15 pulling a little camper full of stuff the 3FEI only got 12-14 and was way slower on the road with a load. It will work just stay after it. Sorry I can not be more help.

well i'm getting closer it seems that my crankshaft position sensor wasn't getting sucked up tight because the tab that holds it in was bent up....butt still my injectors aren't firing, the plugs are it runs on brake cleaner!! when it runs it will be a sweet ride,old man emu lift ,chrome headers,aluminium afco rad.,transfer w/ twin sticks,silicone hoses,it's a very sanitary swap,just a frustrating one..

MY diagrams are color coded snap on shop key they're nice plus three manuals......I'M SO PIST AT THIS THING!!!!!! THANKS GUYS,BRAD

So why don't you get someone to hook it up to an engine analyzer via the OBD port or get a code reader? Don't know the year of your engine, but even the early ones had some type of on-board diagnostics AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom