87 FJ-60 in Knoxville w/ blown motor $850 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No affiliation, but I looked at this on Monday and it has 125K, a nice body (no rust on minor paint blemishes), flawless chrome bumpers, good interier (no rips in front seats or cracks in the dash, although the rear seat had been recovered not factory but matched), motor threw a rod and is out of the vehicle. He said he paid $10K for it drove it a year and the motor blew, been sitting about 2 years, nothing wrong before the motor blew. I really want the vehcile but can't do anything until mY 80 sells, so I thought I would pass it along to the Mud crowd. I will post pics shortly. Craigslist add below w/ link:

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/1141528548.html
1987 Toyota Landcruiser - $850 (West Knoxville)

Reply to: sale-6ppzt-1141528548@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-26, 7:58PM EDT

I have a 1987 Toyota Landcruiser that threw a rod and needs a new short block. This was going to be a project vehicle but I haven't had time to work on it. The old engine has been removed and can go with the vehicle to be used as a core charge or if you want to remove any of the existing parts. All other parts from the engine bay are also included with the vehicle.

Prior to the engine trouble there were no other mechanical issues with the vehicle.

It has the manufactures paint and the body is in good shape with no known rust or other issues.

Please contact with questions or to schedule a time to take a look.

Pics

Also, it the pass front fender had been repainted, not a perfect match, but good paint.

Attachments

• 60 - drivers side.pdf
    135.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 60 - front.pdf
    168 KB · Views: 124
  • 60 - pass side.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 113
How did you contact him to look at the truck? I could not reply on craigs list. I live in North Knoxville and would like to see the cruiser.

I contacted through Craigslist and he asked that everyone reply through that forum so he can control the calls & e-mails he recieves.

reply to the craigslist add

He sold it today to a local guy... He got a really good deal.

Thanks for the lead.

Truck is super solid, just as you described. Not 100% sure which direction the project will head, I will keep it posted.

Wow, what a steal!! Have fun with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom