'87 FB Marketplace 60-series. H55 and Chevy 350 with ugly paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

marshcat

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm talking to a seller on FB marketplace with an '87 FJ60. Has an H55 and Chevy 350 swap. Carfax shows the truck lived in Arizona through 2018 before coming to New York. Repaint is very ugly. Asking $12.5k but seems flexible. What do you all think?

Pass. Repaint is probably hiding rust, engine swap is pretty gross.

Unless he is really flexible.

What is up with that 2" of square-stock to get the skid to fit ??

No fan shroud. Upper rad hose! My quick guess is there was not a lot of attention to detail on the engine swap.

Personally, I think you could do a LOT better at $12K. But things are different in the rust belt.

Agreed! Thanks for the feedback everyone. This forum is such a helpful place to learn.

I'll continue to look for a fuel injected, manual transmission 60 around $10k

Well the one you linked has a carb.

I'm aware. Just stating what I'm looking for

Gotcha. Well FWIW going forward, I would hands down prefer a sniper installed on a 2f over a 2fe or 3fe. It isn't always very easy finding some of the 3fe specific EFI parts that it needs.

Agreed! Thanks for the feedback everyone. This forum is such a helpful place to learn.

I'll continue to look for a fuel injected, manual transmission 60 around $10k
Gonna be hard to find at 10k . But as @DirtRoads said 2f with the sniper kit installed would be ideal and can be installed on a 60 after you find one thats in good shape thays what i would look for first then install the sniper kit.
Tommy

I'm talking to a seller on FB marketplace with an '87 FJ60. Has an H55 and Chevy 350 swap. Carfax shows the truck lived in Arizona through 2018 before coming to New York. Repaint is very ugly. Asking $12.5k but seems flexible. What do you all think?

I drove that thing during my search. There's some rust bubbling through the old bodywork in a few areas. Engine is nice, low miles, plenty of power, but the PS pump is a mess, even though it has been rebuilt, and it could use some love. Missing some odds and ends. It would need a complete paint job, even if you liked that hideous color. You could probably get it for around 9 grand. I ended up buying some other SBC project that's now sitting in my driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom