'87 60 Front seat question.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Are they interchangeable?? Or side specific???

Ty

Yeah you can swap them but be sure to place the hardware correct. The only part that won’t be right will be the lever for the back. And if you have the little cup holder between the driver seat and console it won’t fit so just remove it.

Side specific in that the recliner handles would both be facing the center console if you switched them. Other than that, without mine directly in front of me I couldn't tell you. I would bet that the mounting brackets are very similar.

Thanks guys...makes sense. Didn't even cross my mind about the seat levers.

The foam is identical left and right. The fabric is almost identical; cloth section under recline lever. If you're trying to repair a tattered driver's seat you can use passenger foam and fabric.

The foam is identical left and right. The fabric is almost identical; cloth section under recline lever. If you're trying to repair a tattered driver's seat you can use passenger foam and fabric.
Nah both seats are minty clean...just not loving the seat itself/comfort/cushioning ect...thought maybe the passenger seat be better
IMG_20181109_101101.jpg
IMG_20181109_101101.jpg
IMG_20181109_101101.jpg
IMG_20181109_101156.jpg

New foam would greatly help the OEM seat, but you can put your minty seat in the attic for safekeeping, and install BMW or Isuzu (or many other) seats for greater comfort.

I just went through this myself. My drivers was toast, passenger nearly new and I say that they are side specific. Yes, you can bolt them in but...

I broke down the drivers and swapped the good foam and cover to the drivers seat after finding a fair passenger seat. The process is tedious due to the rusted hog rings and having to reinstall them. The trick I needed to use was using zip ties to snug down the foam then install the hog ring.

Pics below of my process, other thing of note...Mr T decided to not paint the back portion of the frame, after 35 yrs, I guess some humidity got trapped in the foam. I scuffed and threw some paint on it, I couldn’t reinstall with all that rust underneath...

I had hoped to swap bases with back but they are side specific...
0D667A9A-086E-4D08-A6F7-A914BFDF4F06.jpeg

EF6CCB38-6594-47CC-A9B6-1C40D8C68890.jpeg

FD826E16-A7B5-4BF8-BCFE-261F9AEAB259.jpeg

End results I can live with, some steam cleaning will make them look much better. I should I have cleaned them before reinstalling, hindsight...
D0601A41-59F7-42B8-922C-AE057CAED087.jpeg

D5AF31EE-14DD-4A68-A7AF-1E4AB2BD4ADA.jpeg

I just went through this myself. My drivers was toast, passenger nearly new and I say that they are side specific. Yes, you can bolt them in but...

I broke down the drivers and swapped the good foam and cover to the drivers seat after finding a fair passenger seat. The process is tedious due to the rusted hog rings and having to reinstall them. The trick I needed to use was using zip ties to snug down the foam then install the hog ring.

Pics below of my process, other thing of note...Mr T decided to not paint the back portion of the frame, after 35 yrs, I guess some humidity got trapped in the foam. I scuffed and threw some paint on it, I couldn’t reinstall with all that rust underneath...

I had hoped to swap bases with back but they are side specific...
View attachment 1945165

View attachment 1945166

View attachment 1945168

End results I can live with, some steam cleaning will make them look much better. I should I have cleaned them before reinstalling, hindsight...
View attachment 1945171

View attachment 1945172
My gawd...lotta effort. I used my rig to remodel my cabin...and really didn't realize how FILTHYYYYY it was until I had it detailed. An amazing difference.

Is there a place I can bring my rig and have the seat refined/cushioned??

Appreciate your post...crazy what we will endure for our live of these rigs!!! 😂😀🤣😀😂

New foam would greatly help the OEM seat, but you can put your minty seat in the attic for safekeeping, and install BMW or Isuzu (or many other) seats for greater comfort.
Call me crazyyyy...but, I love the original look.

I'm guessing there are places that re cushion seats???

Hey WSOPgold2012!
How do you have a freeborn red truck with a grey blue interior? That's a great, but pretty unusual combo.
I've always loved the red trucks, but prefer the grey over brown interior, which most of the red trucks seem to have...

Hey WSOPgold2012!
How do you have a freeborn red truck with a grey blue interior? That's a great, but pretty unusual combo.
I've always loved the red trucks, but prefer the grey over brown interior, which most of the red trucks seem to have...

The blue/grey was available in the later trucks. The pattern is the pinstripe, so this must be a 1987....

Hey WSOPgold2012!
Freeborn??? Love that name 🤣😀🤣😆🤣😀🤣

Idk...pretty sure EVERY Freeborn I've seen was grey interior ...w/e i see pics of a red 1 I look too...

Not sure 🤔🤔🤔🤔

The blue/grey was available in the later trucks. The pattern is the pinstripe, so this must be a 1987....
Ding ding ding...winnah!! It is an '87 😁

Is the foam in the top section (back) interchangabke from side to side?

Is the foam in the top section (back) interchangabke from side to side?
Not sure how I missed "upper/back section" before....but, it's the lower ass cushion that's the issue...is that interchangeable??? @fl4031003

The bottom is interchangable, I have done this a few times. It’s the back that I was asking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom