'87 2wd Xcab as a donor rig? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have found a 1987 Xtra Cab truck I'm thinking of picking up for a donor rig. It has a blown HG on the 22RE. It's been sitting in a pasture for 3 years. I know the R&P are 7.5" and the trans has no output shaft, but which model trans is it?

My question is this. Are the body panels the same as my 1985??? Specifically the doors, front fenders, hood, and box? He's asking $1100, but if a guy were to show up with cash..........you never know.

Oh, did I mention it has a Warn 8274 on it? :p

For the same gen vehicle , all the sheet metal, glass, interior, etc are the same 2WD or 4WD, p/u or 4Runner, although the 4WD fenders have more of a flair at the opening.

BTW, that thing wouldn't be worth $1100 if it were running.
With a bad engine and trans, maybe $200. Around here you can get 2WD Toyota p/u's w/bad HG for free. I've gotten and stripped 3 just for the parts.

The main cab core is the same, as is the hood and doors. Fenders and bed are different, but probably usable, depends on the condition if they are worth the hassle. I've seen 2WD beds on 4WD trucks, I actually really like the "lipped" 2WD beds with the integrated tie-down hooks, and prefer the "2-touch" tailgates with the latches at each end. A lot of the interior is the same, but oddly the interior panels in the back of the cab are slightly different (the ones in the back of my truck now came out of a 2WD).

Tranny should be a W-series.

$1100 for a truck with a blown engine that's been sitting for 3 years is insane. Ya, I'm with the $200-250 price range (def. no higher), except that if the winch is in good shape that should add about $200-300 to the price.

Thanks for the info. I knew it wasn't worth anywhere near $1100, thanks for the ballpark estimates. I think I'll watch it for a while and see what happens, or maybe offer him a couple hundred for the winch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom